More trims for vehicles.

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by RecklessRodeo, Jul 18, 2019.

1. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Well, more trims would add a lot of more parts and also for the realism. More trims would be also good for campaign if the campaign doesn't support mods. Parts are also easier to make than full cars. Well, there are config modpacks but vanilla gameplay is also very nice.

2. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

thats why config mods exist.
    but to be truthful, I believe that the devs will add many new configs and parts in the future.
    Heck, they added the ESBR. Thats a good sign.
    When they finish/ flesh out maps and add more cars (to where they're satisfied) they will most likely add more stuff to each car. At least, thats what we can predict.

3. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Good point!

• Like Like x 1
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I always say that a game like this needs a lot of content, the game is currently short on content, and it should not be the communities job to provide content. There's a milliom things I would like to see in game, including bits from car culture, real life car options, and gameplay content. Right now I can only hope the lack of content is because they are focusing on other things and content ought to come late in development, as changes to physics and UI would be much more work if there's a lot of content.

If you have any specific suggestions, talking about them in the official content threads and update speculation thread often can promote a conversation if you can avoid the backseat moderators shutting it down for some reason or another. Starting a new thread like this generally gets people annoyed since the general rule is something has to be somewhat important and unique to justify creating a dedicated thread for it.

Example, I started a chat about the Gavril performance packages in the 1963 Gavril Bluebuck thread, but that was somewhat short lived when it suddenly turned into an Australian vehicle suggestion thread somehow.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

I know, kinda cringey for someone to post a suggestion that is 100% to go in-game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Well, we know that there will be more content, but not how much. So "100% to go in game" isn't really an accurate statement.

A couple of us have been asking for an Over the Horizon 2/more communication in general because we really don't know the roadmap right now. We have no idea how much content they plan to add at all. Official content is not unlimited, they are a business and someday they will have to move onto a new project. Will we get any more official maps? Will we ever see more content from IRL car culture and racing scenes? Will vehicles like the current Autobello be the standard for levels of content or will we someday see higher levels of customization? Will we ever get multiple body styles for vehicles? What comes after the Soliad? Will the pace of content introduced pick up after tire physics, the new UI, and career mode are out (as these are the only big non-content things we know are planned)? We really are in the dark right now as to how much content they plan to add.

7. Capkirk

Capkirk
    Expand Collapse

Stoat Muldoon said in the MFD discord that there is a going to be more to the bluebuck than almost any other car, so I think it's safe to say everything is going to be brought up to at least autobello levels of customization, if not more.

#7 Capkirk, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Well now you're teasing me =P
    There's a ton I want to see for the Bubu, being that the Impala is so prevelant in car culture, automotive history, and racing history.

9. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Bluebuck? As customizable as the Pickle? The amount of configs! Donks, beaters, MOPAR, and Old Nascar Racers!

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I would slow down a bit there. The Autobello does have a good number of configs and it has all the basics covered, but it lacks stuff that would not have been factory/factory race team, aside from the Baja config (which debatably could still be a factory sponsored race team vehicle I guess). It does not have much for player customization. All the fenders and hoods are similar, all the engines are reasonable factory engines aside from the corsa, which is still kinda factory (no underpowered engine even though it would be historical, the SBR F4 swap is a mod by Synsol). The Beetle and Fiat 600 both had other bodies on the same platform (Multipla, looking at you) and the Fiat had some export versions. So although the Piccolina has a lot of trims, it does not cover everything, so I don't think we can say the Bubu will either.

I'm going to go a bit update speculation mode here with configs...

Beaters & such: we might get a weird demo derby/off road/beater hybrid like the Moonhawk and Barstow have. I would prefer to see a realistic demo derby car and a beater and dirt racer all seperate though.

Race cars:
    A NASCAR style car would be weird unless we get a coupe. I hope we will, but we don't have any true alternate body styles, not even the obvious, unique, and useful GM limo. It would be weird to have a Bubu coupe and sedan when we don't even have more obvious body styles for other cars. Plus, the Moonhawk should get a NASCAR style but only has a generic track car and the Barstow should get a Trans Am race car but doesn't have any track cars.

Drag racing cars: The Bubu deserves a Super Stock car (and gasser if we get a coupe), but there are other cars which deserve these too yet all we have are generic drag cars. Again, I think this will sadly follow the precedent.

Donks/Low riders: No idea what to say about a Donk; that would probably require a lot for new wheels and suspension. There's also the same issue that it would make more sense if it was a coupe. As for a low rider, Gabe himself said it is a prime choice for one, so the question is in how fancy they want the paint to be and if physics will behave with powerful pneumatic suspension, or we will only get basic raise/lower airbag suspension, or if they just won't bother with it at all.

As for factory configs, we can expect the usual stuff, but the question is in the luxury and performance packages. A lot of brands tend to start nameplates as packages; naming the luxury trim Grand Marshall would make sense, but could confuse people. I think being that cautious about player confusion would be excessive, but it isn't up to me. Then there's performance packages, which I discussed in the Bubu thread. The Impala and the GTO are the two cars most commonly reffered to as the first muscle cars, as the Impala was the first to have an SS badge. Giving the Bubu an RS or giving the Bubu and Barstow both SS packages would be a nice nod to this.

Misc: Definetly police, maybe Taxi

As for IRL cars from culture...

The Mythbusters JATO Impala is probably the silliest, yet the most likely at the same time. We have the Mythbusters ram plow and the Jato bus, so the precedent is there.

Then there's my favorite, the Roadkill Impala from their colab with MCM. This is an easy one, since it's just a stripped interior and a skin with the biggest engine and supercharger the Bubu should already have. Not that likely to officially see, but all the parts to get close to it should come with the Bubu anyway.

I actually can't think of any other specific Dodge 880/third gen Impala's

#10 ManfredE3, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. RecklessRodeo

RecklessRodeo
    Expand Collapse

Good points all around. I really hope the beaters and those bangers/derby cars separate like you said.

12. Sithhy™

Sithhy™
    Expand Collapse

I'd LOVE to see that as a config... Just slap the drag Barstow engine in it & boom, config done :p

13. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Don't forget the mexican blanket seat and Moog & Marty's vegemite ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice