Most Beautiful Road in the World

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by CRAZY RACER, Feb 27, 2017.

1. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

Hello guys, i was thinking what i could do as my next thread.And i decided to make The Beautiful Roads in the World.And You can post what do you think is the most Beautiful road in the World!I think it is the Transfagarasan Road in Romania it looks awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  2. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

I would think something either in Chile, or Brazil, mountain areas incredible dangerous and beautiful.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CarBro74

CarBro74
    Expand Collapse

Antarctic roads. Google them. They exist. Can't post pic now. On phone. I will soon.
    Here:

#3 CarBro74, Feb 27, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  4. CreasingCurve

CreasingCurve
    Expand Collapse

I think for this it should be about the best road you have visited, because obviously you have not been on the Transfagarasan Road and your opinion is based on that of Top Gear. Am I correct?

For me though the best/most beautiful roads are between Kersbrook and Stirling. Its a bit vague but there are plenty of great lookout points and winding roads with cliff drops.

• Like Like x 1
  5. coolusername

coolusername
    Expand Collapse

Stilfser Joch (Italy/ Switzerland) imo

• Like Like x 1
  6. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

The road is called Umbrail Pass.Looks beautiful.
    Umbrail.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Pazzi8

Pazzi8
    Expand Collapse

Here in Italy there are a lot of curvy roads, one of the most beautiful IMO are these in the Alps.

Or this here in my city

But the dream of my life it's to drive in some Japanese touge :oops:;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

Maple Valley Raceway is very beautiful

#8 enjoyinorc6742, Feb 28, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

This is an nice road.It is called Ruta in Argentina.
    4-State-Route-1-Big-Sur-California.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  10. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

Yeah it is, you are Correct and the opinion is from Top Gear. You are Correct!And yes, i have never been in Transfagarasan.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scudetto

Scudetto
    Expand Collapse

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

13. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

14. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

15. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

Uh, it's straight, there are a lot of big trucks (that come from Italy mainly) and only 2 lanes. Head-on crashes are common here.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. CRAZY RACER

CRAZY RACER
    Expand Collapse

Oh thanks.

17. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

It is bit odd, but people can't really see distances, I wonder if that has something to do with that road being deadliest. Many places though, straight long piece of road has lot of accidents with overtaking, people can't see how far approaching vehicle is or how fast vehicle approaches, so they manage to drive head on collisions.

I don't know if that is reason on that particular road, I'm not familiar with that type of center line, is overtaking even allowed there, but if it is, that could be one of the reasons.

Another being tired drivers falls asleep, straight is quite boring to drive at speed limit, so dozing might happen easier.

I don't know which percentage of drivers is active drivers that are interesting about driving, I would guess that is a minority, for quite many it is annoying thing that has to be done, which might be surprising for car enthusiast type of persons, but that is what I have found out about people. That of course affects how skilled person can become with driving, overtaking might be something they do few times a year for example, which of course limits their skill at overtaking.

That might also lead to situations where persons start to do other things than driving in a car, straight road might again feel something where you can reach something from backseat and again risk of accident goes up without person driving even realizing, because quite lot of drivers don't evaluate risks when driving, they are trying to get from A to B with least amount of effort possible, so they don't really drive, but more of travel on driver's seat.

So if you ever wonder how on earth someone can crash on straight road, maybe that gives some insight about what really is going on on roads, now you can be afraid, be really afraid when you drive on roads.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. xaxaxm28

xaxaxm28
    Expand Collapse

Overtaking is forbidden on this road. there's a sign every ~2 kilometers saying that you need to be carefull.
    Actually, you were right everywhere. And i would like to add that it is one of the straightest roads in France (habitude factor, we're not like americans) and there's some night clubs in some places near the road (even if they're VERY serious about drunk driving there.).

20. Trupoller

Trupoller
    Expand Collapse

How many kilometres is that road long then?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice