Mud Block

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Straubz, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to get something similar to the water block in the editor but for mud?
    I really want to add mud to my maps but the current way doesn't get me the results that i would like, i want to do it like in my RoR maps, but using the height map to determine the depth rather than a mesh or depth map.

2. luckyman

luckyman
    Expand Collapse

Just color the regular water. to a dirty look.

3. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

the water block only has options for density and viscosity, to make mud feel realistic you need alot more options, for example the ground model settings use 11 different options to define the behavior of liquids, although at least 2 of those is for the ground under the liquid and wont be needed for what i am suggesting.

4. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

Still wondering if there is any chance of getting this feature added? I know that since i made this thread, being able to add depth to objects has been added, but i think that is limited to a certain depth on the object?
    Really been wanting to do more on my maps but i need this feature.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The depth is actually limited from the groundmodel itself IIRC.
    You can create your own groundmodel (yes, there's support for custom ones per map) and add the maximum depth you need).
    You cannot use an heightmap to control the depth, it will be constant.

Maybe you could try using a mesh/meshroad right under to control the depth? Might be also easier to set up and test

6. Straubz

Straubz
    Expand Collapse

basically what i want to do is use the height map to form ruts and control the depth and use something like a water block to create the resistance of driving through mud. I achieved this in RoR by using a "mesh rut" and then the height map with a depth map to make the mud, the drawback to this is having to create a new mesh every time i add a new bog hole to my map, whereas if i do what it the other way around i can have a limitless and easy way to make variations and tweaks.
    If you look at my latest map https://www.beamng.com/resources/glass-view-mountains.3641/ you will see what i am trying to achieve, only i am currently using a water block to but it lacks any resistance that thick mud would have when driving through.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice