1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Multiplayer Physic Question

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Callisto89, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Callisto89

Callisto89
    Expand Collapse

i dont know if someone already posted this kind of question but just do be sure im gonna ask it. I play RoR and there's a thing i dont realy like with it, is the colision (crashes) with other players, there is no colision in RoR with other players you cannot hit someone else... And i was wondering if (problably of course) we whould be able to hit other players and do normal damages to your 'victimes' that would be awesome.
    thank you !

PS. IM FRENCH (canadian) so sorry for the bad grammar... :p

#1 Callisto89, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  2. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

From what I've read just about every aspect of beamng will be better then ror so the multiplayer should include collision or make it an option.

3. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

The thing is that ror did have multilayer collision at one point and it did work, but they got rid of it due to people spawning at the same time causing them to get stuck inside each other amongst other things. People also complained about people going round and crashing into people on purpose which i can understand may be a little irritating. Best outcome is that the server owner can decide.

So technically they should be able to do it, its more a case of whether or not they decide to do it.

4. raiderfan

raiderfan
    Expand Collapse

Exactly let the owner have the option to turn it on or off.

5. aljowen

aljowen
    Expand Collapse

Like i said its the best outcome and one that is most likely to happen, but there are two main ways it can be implemented, client or server sided. Both have issues which is why normally a combination of both are used.

The big problem is that complex cars can have upwards of 300 nodes (in ror for example purposes) If you have to say calculate 8 times that on a server (8 cars) you will need a very powerful server and you will also need a very powerful internet connection. Also it has been said that beam ng can handle 4 cars at once without too much performance impact, That could mean a maximum of 4 cars on a server with collisions enabled. While a server without collisions will be able to handle much more.

But it is always nicest to have the option to use it if you want to so i hope that is included.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice