Multiplayer?

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Xkiller1200, Jan 30, 2014.

1. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, the thing is, compressing stuff uses the cpu to do so, and considering the fact that people are having trouble running beamng as it is, that probably wouldn't end well, because it would be that much more strain on the cpu, and will probably lead to less performance in beamng (a lot less, depending on how the compression works)

2. bratska77

bratska77
    Expand Collapse

3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

only 15kB/s?

4. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You could have just looked at the main menu where it already says local multiplayer (which generally means split screen not LAN) on the in game todo list.

As for your question earlier about what could go out of sync.
    Gabester already said that there are about 4000 beams and 400 nodes for 1 car. Officially the game uses a 2000Hz physics update rate, my laptop only achieves 1750, my desktop achieves that full 2000. 2000Hz at 80mph is a good few metres difference, throw in packet loss too and you will easily end up in the scenario where my desktop PC thinks the car controlled by the desktop missed a pole whereas my laptop will think it hit the pole and totally wreck the car.
    To be fair its more fun than no multiplayer at all and the wrecked car would still move as an intact car (as seen by desktop) but it wouldnt take long for things to destabilize on a smaller level either.

5. Singh336

Singh336
    Expand Collapse

thats all im saying

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice