1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Multiple core support ?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Kimi450, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Kimi450

Kimi450
    Expand Collapse

I have a 8 core processor and i was wondering will the "game" support all the 8 cores ? Plus will it neeed a high end gfx card ? Will a 1 gig 6770 hd be able to run it ?

2. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

I bet it will support as many as you have but gabester said it would be scalable so even a bad computer can run it.

3. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Yes, it uses all 8 of my cores :)

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

What are your specs and fps?

5. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Core i7 960 3.2 Ghz here. I'm able to get 40 fps with 4 Gavril D15s + 1 Ibishu Covet on a mostly empty test map. Graphics aren't really relevant to the physics performance but I have a GTX 580 and 8 GB DDR3 RAM.

6. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

If that's what you get what will i get, i am currently building a computer with a nvidia gtx 660 and intel i7 processor how many fps will i get, any estimates?

7. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

Mine has a intel core i5-2450M cpu and 2.50 GHz :/ think it will work?

8. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Should be as good as my performance if not better.

It'll work, sure. I don't know how fast it'll be though.

9. Kona61

Kona61
    Expand Collapse

okay thnx i'm happy now that i know i can run as fast as the moderator/designer :p but i can't make a single car...

(p.s. gavril gv please just wondering AND I'm not begging just a thought...)

10. Kimi450

Kimi450
    Expand Collapse

Are my specs good enough ?
    Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit,
    Gigabyte GA 880GM USB3 motherboard,
    AMD FX(tm)-8120 Eight-Core Processor 2.8 GHz,
    8.20 GB of RAM,
    ATI Radeon HD 6770 MSI MD 1 GB,
    170 GB + 2TB + 1 TB + 400 GB

#10 Kimi450, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  11. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

Probably. Let's not turn this into a "Is my computer fast enough" thread, please.

12. AnnoyingIB

AnnoyingIB
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, this game will draw a lot of CPU-power. Seems like my 2500k @ 4.5 won't handle it over 60FPS. Time to upgrade to 3930k now maybe? :confused:

13. Kimi450

Kimi450
    Expand Collapse

Yeah sorry my bad. Any admin can now lock this thread.

14. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Ok, that makes me feel better, I thought it would be like 2x quad-core i7 extreme @ 4.2 with a hd 7970 and 32 GB RAM would get you 60 fps with 1 car. And you guys are still optimizing it!

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the second page.

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Gabester, just a few curious question here...

In RoR when you had a few cars parked next to eachother it would start to slow down your game. I'm not sure if that was because the game would activate the other vehicle(s) and/or their submeshes or because of something else, but I'm very curious to know how BeamNG will handle this.

In BeamNG, will your game still drop in fps even prior to hitting another vehicle, and if so:
    When you say 4 D15's and a Covet and 40 FPS, is that all 5 parked within inches of eachother, or is it with each of them say 20 meters apart with all of them in-active?
    If it's only the latter I just can't help but think it seems odd, cause even in RoR, with 5 cars spread across the map I can still get over 50fps on simple terrains(of course, close to eachother the game would grind to a mere 10 fps sometimes).

Last question: if you have a lot of broken panels falling of your car in RoR, spread all over the map, the game would still have a lower framerate than if every panel was still attached even if the main driving part of the car would be parked a mile away...(I'm assuming because of the vehicle/submesh activation that happens when there's parts close to other cars etc). So... Does it still slow the game down if for example your mirror falls off and lands near another vehicle? I imagine that's a thing that could(or can it not?) seriously improve performance on lower end pc's compared to RoR, especially in Demo Derbies and the like.

I gotta say though, even though I said it would be odd to get 40fps with 5 vehicles parked far away from eachother, I do realise all these cars are way more complex than in RoR and the engine is way more complex, so either way the performance would be justified by the improvents in that aspect :)

Also have to admit, being the hardware-dummy I am, the first thing I did was look up how my processor scores compared to the I7-960, and unless I misread everything I'm darn glad I bought this thing half a year ago! :D

#15 Mythbuster, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  16. Mad-Alex

Mad-Alex
    Expand Collapse

I saw no lag in second video when two vechicles collide, so it's obvious this collision-lag-problem gone(this is the same when two or more vechicles parked next to each other), but in the video where Gavril D15 crashes in to the Covet and Grand Marshal, i saw some lag - more optimisation need to be done.

17. Nipash

Nipash
    Expand Collapse

Why don't you guys post some "recommended computer requirements" to stop people asking? This is also some interest to me because I'm in the process of upgrading and it would be very helpful to know what the engine prefers (i.e. clock speeds vs. core count or if GPU's are supported). Idk if you are to that stage yet though ;)

18. gabester

gabester
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Director
    BeamNG Team

All five with physics active.

As for panels falling off - once we implement the parts system it should be easier to make them fall asleep and not affect the bounding box once they've detached fully.

#18 gabester, Nov 30, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  19. TheDominator

TheDominator
    Expand Collapse

Not even my PC can handle ROR with any more than 3 Gavril cars. (Zeta, G2S, MV4R)
    Hoping BeamNG will be much better in that respect.

20. joytech22

joytech22
    Expand Collapse

Mine can but only just at about 20FPS.. D:
    The team has already said that the engine is a LOT faster in this compared to ROR so Physics interactions can happen much faster between more cars.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice