1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Multiseat wont work properly

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Raif3, Nov 17, 2017.

1. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

I recently decided to play multiseat with my friend, However, 2 controllers control only one car.. not 2, Can i get any help?

EDIT: got it half fixed, However the controller still steers both the cars

#1 Raif3, Nov 17, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2017
  2. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

The player on the keyboard can switch cars using the keyboard binding (tab by default).
    The player on a controller can switch cars using the controller binding (none is set by default, please assign a button in his controller, use the "Switch to next vehicle" binding).

Edit: also note that several players can seat in the same vehicle (so you can control different functions of the same car together, if you wanted).

3. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

S
    still doesent work

4. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The feature works here. I need more information in order to help you: can you explain step by step what are you doing, what results you expected, and what results you are getting? Thanks

5. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

I spawn 2 cars, add them to work with one device. and then expect to have both drive, one with keyboard and one with controller, However the results come mixed, I steer the other car and drive my own car, Weird.

6. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Ok, I'll need even more detail. Please talk me through the steps you take as if I was 2 years old. Which buttons/keys are you pressing/clicking since you open the game, until you get the unexpected results? Please be as specific as possible, otherwise I am not sure if you are the only person experiencing the problem, of if I'm missing some crucial step that you are doing.
    Thanks!

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Just checking, but what happens if you press TAB (key to switch vehicle) once?

8. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

I open the menu, Get on gridmap and press multiseat in the options, I press tab once, Cars control perfectly, Only steering and throttle come mixed.
    I hope thats enough

9. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

You didn't mention at what point you spawn a second vehicle. If you spawn it before enabling multiseat, it should work correctly like you said. If you spawn it after enabling multiseat, try following the same steps except don't press tab, and it should work.

If you still have troubles, please record a video of your issue with the Options > Controls > Hardware tab open.

10. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

I spawn it after enabling multiseat. Once i do that, Game goes dumb and does weird stuff

11. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

Okay, please send a support report :)

12. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

i tried to, it says i need a working internet, However i have ethernet and it still wont work.

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Maybe your firewall, antivirus or whatever is blocking the program from connecting.

14. Raif3

Raif3
    Expand Collapse

just forget this, 0.11 is here so maybe that helps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice