WIP Muscle Car Sound Assistance

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by ryder2341, Mar 21, 2017.

Tags:
  1. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

I was going to fully upload a high quality sound mod for the various muscle cars in the game, but I'm extremely nervous because I'm not sure if it's going to be ok to upload them.

For one reason, the sounds were provided from a Dropbox folder given publicly by TheMohawkNinja (a long, long time ago), and the sounds they used were actually from Simraceway. Now, I don't know what their policy is on using their recorded sound effects, but I've seen a lot of good sound mods taken down because of this for other games such as Need For Speed.

I'm just wondering if it's ok to upload it, I spent a lot of time trying to get it to sound nice and will upload a video to showcase it, but I just need to know if it violates anything in any way first

2. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

As long as you credit the original author and tweaked it in some way, I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to upload it...

3. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

Well I tweaked it as in I made the sounds work with a soundscript file by tweaking the values in the text

The original folder had no soundscripts, it just gave you the sounds to work with

4. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

well then, i guess you could upload it, after all, it is your own file...

5. ryder2341

ryder2341
    Expand Collapse

Well, I'd at least like to know OFFICIALLY whether or not it is allowed via the very vague guidelines regarding mod uploads, a lot of other sound mods went down because of this

6. H/\Z/\RDOUS

H/\Z/\RDOUS
    Expand Collapse

ok. I understand. I'll be happy to help if you need it, though! :)

7. Ulrich

Ulrich
    Expand Collapse

If it's not a free to use sound, you need the authorisation of the author.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice