WIP MxNational (Need help)

Discussion in 'Terrains, Levels, Maps' started by InfinityGaming, Nov 13, 2017.

1. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

Hey guys,

I am making my first map called MxNational. Its a motorcross track specially made for cars!
    After just starting the project, I can tell you that there will be multiple tracks with different characteristics like difficulty, Jump size, length and how rough the terrain is. I will post more preview pictures soon.
    Rythmsection.png
    This is my frist map ever so I need a ton of help with some stuff. For example with a good tire object to seperate different roads and I also need a custom texture for the dirt trails as well as custom signs which stand next to the road and provide recommanded speeds for certain jumps. So new people have a better chance to get some solid lap times!

====================================Update 1===================================
    I've worked all week on this and made some serious progress. Right now the hole track layout is done including almost every jump. Here are some screenshots with a Garvil Roamer for scale.
    screenshot_00000.png screenshot_00003.png screenshot_00004.png
    Please give me your opinion about it so I can improve the map. It helps greatly and I appreciate it a lot. And if you have any ideas or things I should add, please show them by replying to this thread!

I've made a to-do list so you can check what still needs to be done: (Note that this is only a list for this particular track. I am planning to make a second track on this map).

Red = Not started
    Yellow = WIP
    Green = Done
    ? = I don't know how to do / make that.

Layout (Waiting for feedback)

Jumps
    Banked corners
    Optimisation (Track flow, Jump smoothness)

Strart/Finish
    Terrain editing
    Custom texture ?
    Custom signs (For recommended speed) ?
    Decoration
    Buildings
    Parkinglot

#1 InfinityGaming, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Instances

Instances
    Expand Collapse

redacted

#2 Instances, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: May 11, 2018
  3. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

I appreciate the help a ton man! I've fixed it before you posted your explanation so sorry for that.
    About the height tingy of the mesh road, It used to just work by draging it up and down so you didn't need to write down a certain number in your verticle location. But now, it only reacts to +-10 up or down which makes it super inaccurate. So you got an idea how to fix that?

4. Instances

Instances
    Expand Collapse

redacted

Attached Files:

• ok.jpg
    #4 Instances, Nov 13, 2017
  5. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

So you mean what happends if I change the vertical position of certain lines with the mouse? If so, I can only change them +10 or -10 so It will only go up by 10 or down by 10 nothing in between (which it did previously).

6. Instances

Instances
    Expand Collapse

redacted

#6 Instances, Nov 13, 2017
  7. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

I am aware of this but thanks anyways.

Let me explain
    When selecting one of those dots, you can also change the angle with your mose by clicking on this button and dragging where ever you want it to go:
    Meshroadarrow.png
    The issue I have is that if I want to drag the blue arrow (For verticle editing) it goes up by +10 or -10 nothing else. Not even for example +5 or +2,34957. So this feature now became useless for making bumps. And I really need this feature because it makes the work process more efficiƫnt.

10.png -10.png
    I hope this makes the problem clear for you.

8. Ghost187

Ghost187
    Expand Collapse

hit the objectEditor and uncheck this box.
    bandicam2017-11-1323-52-24-205.jpg

:)

9. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

You are a legend! Thanks a ton!

10. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

Guys, I've made some good progress in the last week! (See the first post for the full update)

11. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

I got a little problem. When you increase or decrease the width of a mesh road, you can change the width of every single point seperately. But I made a mistake where the mesh road is to wide (30 to be exact instead of 20). So I would like to change this but than I need to edit every single point seperately. So isn't there a way to do it all at once?

12. dragonmasterflop132345

dragonmasterflop132345
    Expand Collapse

I can't wait for this to come out i'm really into MX so i would love this track.
    and does anyone know if there is a dirtbike mod?

13. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

Nice to see people being interested in this project. But the release date won't come in the near future since I school is my first priority.
    Luckily the test week will end in a couple of days so I can make some good progress!

14. DutchyGamer

DutchyGamer
    Expand Collapse

This looks pretty interesting, kinda like a baja map. Try adding some hills, sandy terrain and scenery!

15. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Looking fun !

Is the road smooth ? In my experience, mesh roads tend to be quite bumpy, and tbh I don't really like any map with bumpy irrealist roads. Maybe once you're done with the layout you could try this method to blend the road in the terrain and make it smoother ?

Anyway, If you always have you meshroad width problem, here's how to solve it : find the meshRoad in the level files (usually in levels\yourLevelName\main\MissionGroup\items.level.json (if you have saved your level since last update, this is with the new level format) (and if you've sorted the meshRoad in a folder in the level editor, you'll need to search the items.level.json in the corresponding folders). Once you've got that text file opened, search for the meshRoad object (ctrl+f -> type MeshRoad to go faster)
    The node section defines the parameter of each node. You'll need to change the 4th parameter (if I recall correctly this must be the one that defines the width) to the value you want, either manually of with some smart use of the find and replace function.
    Save the file, and you're done ! The width will change at the next level reload.

16. InfinityGaming

InfinityGaming
    Expand Collapse

First of all, thanks for the tip man I hope it helps a lot.

I do have a major issue since I added a ssd to my computer, I obvously had to clone the map my windows files ware in. So ware the MxNational map files in there. It all seem to go fine but after starting up my map again after a long time, all my terrain is gone and I can't find any files of it. So I also don't have a main ground template to work on. Do you know how I create one of those?

17. RyvyLo

RyvyLo
    Expand Collapse

Maybe you have forgotten to copy some files ? Have you copied both the files in the level folder and in the mod folder ?
    You could also have a look at the console (search in the game controls to know how to open it, I've changed it and can't remember what was the default key) and see if anything is wrong (usually in red)
    If this still doesn't restore your ground, you could try to create another one. It's the same steps than when you first created the terrain. I don't really recall how to do it, but you need to go in the terrain menu, and it will ask you if you want to create a terrain (if it doesn't, there's already a terrain on the map, so try to look for it), and click yes. Hopefully you'll manage to have a new terrain back
    I hope it helps !

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice