My Automation cars

Discussion in 'Automation' started by Agent_Y, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I just got Automation today and made my first car. Unfortunately the textures got messed up on exported version but other than that I think it looks cool.
    asdasdadsas.png

Screenshots from Automation:
    asdssasd.png

I didn't use any mods, I wasn't inspired by anything in particular, just made the kind of car I like, with the knowledge I have which is very limited. I'm surprised I made an engine without any major issues (only that it's too wide which apparently increases repair costs). As for drivability, it's quite terrible lol, needed semi slick to prevent it from spinning out, which it still does all the time, but usually just understeers terribly. It's not made for low speed, only handles well at very high speed but even then it's uncontrollable. What do you think of it? Tell me in replies, remember that it was my first attempt ever.

Some stats so you know what to expect:
    sdasxX.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 7
  2. mhegai

mhegai
    Expand Collapse

O_O

HOLY COW!
    a m a z i n g, nothing more than that

3. etca1515

etca1515
    Expand Collapse

Really nice, for a first build!

4. mhegai

mhegai
    Expand Collapse

better than mine thats for sure lol

5. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

for a first build it is really quite nice and detailed. With your modding and coding skill wouldnt be surprised if this becomes a vertex 2.0

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Lol no way I'm wasting a year on making an Automation car into a proper mod when I have like 10 WIP mods and I constantly get new ideas for them, I will probably make more Automation cars for fun but I won't improve them, Automation has too messy and buggy models, materials and textures for me to work on them

• Like Like x 1
  7. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I just made my second car, it wasn't originally for release but it turned out way better than expected.
    Photo10.png
    I wanted to make the cheapest car I could. And it's nowhere near the world record but $6000 is pretty cheap still, could be in real life top 10 cheapest cars. And I wanted it to look super cheap too.

As well as have the cheapest to produce engine I could manage to make.
    zcczdss.png
    It has just 6.5hp and it's terribly slow but somehow runs both in Automation and BeamNG without any issues. It can't drive up any hill, you have to get out and push the car. It has a 2-speed manual transmission but the 2nd gear is only useful when going on a perfectly even flat surface because downhill you just roll and uphill only first is usable.

It exported without major issues so I can show all its features in BeamNG.
    ssasada.png
    The main body is all made of plastic (at least visually, pretend it's also like this for real), the chassis is steel. All trim is plastic too but black instead, wheels are plastic as well aside from the lugs. The only chrome is on the badge at the front. It has 1 single plastic headlight in the middle, which is surrounded by long plastic grille. On the sides it has 2 blinkers set up in a way that they are visible from the sides too, these are its only turn signals. Instead of the bumper it has 2 plastic bars and the license plate in the middle. The hood is held by external black plastic hinges. There is a single manually operated wiper in the middle of the windshield. The car also has a full size sunroof which was purely to reduce the weight of the chassis.

asdasdasda.png
    Looking from the sides you can notice how tiny the wheels are, they are 10x3.5. Smaller are possible but reduce drivability. Tires are 90/95R10. Generally there's not much on the sides of the car, just black plastic hinges and door handles, as well as a singular mirror on the driver side. The back is more interesting.

sdawew.png
    There are bumper bars like on the front, black hinges and latch fot the trunk, license plate, and 60s style taillights with plastic trim. More interestng are the things below taillights. On the left there is a fuel cap with steel outer side, on the right is... the exhaust??? What the heck? I think they designed it like this so that the exhaust pipe can be routed in a weird way making like a makeshift muffler as the car is very loud. Anyway, inside the trunk (this is not modeled but we'll pretend it works like this) there's the fuel tank which is dangerously close to the back, but it's "protected" by the spare tire which is between it and the trunk.

Let's take a look at the interior now... (it has a driver camera btw)
    sadas.png
    Everything here is plastic except for one singular bench seat which can only fit 2 people. There's an interior mirror which is the same as the outside driver mirror, for cost reduction reasons. Only part of the transmission tunnel is "carpeted" (with plastic again), the rest is hot steel which you can easily get your legs burnt on. The shifter is tiny and very far down the tunnel, but you practically never use the 2nd gear anyway so it's fine. The handbrake is much closer but you sill have to reach for it.

Generally the biggest of many issues with this car is the fact that it's so underpowered. So the mod also includes a "sport" version with a 3-speed manual and the engine being cheaply tuned to 20hp (still uses mostly the same parts but settings are different).

Don't ask me why it's not colorable btw, I have no idea, we'll just assume it's so cheap they couldn't afford more paint.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 4
  8. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Update to my first car: PBR materials, fixed stuff that exported wrong, nicer interior colors, improved handling.

Also a small extra that I worked on when 0.23 came out and finished it today, not full effort but still pretty nice I think. I mostly focused on accurate performance rather than the detailed looks of it.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I made a weird Mustang ripoff that is kinda on a supercar side (accodring to Automation it's a hypercar)
    Photo14.png
    It has extreme oversteer on purpose and it's hard to control without ESC
    Photo13.png
    It's not really a fully serious car lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  10. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

This made me look through my years of making cars in Automation and I must say that I never realised just how repetitive I’ve been. :D

Some cars are missing few parts thanks to mods that stopped working.

EoZ 1300 ‘64
    upload_2021-7-9_17-58-3.png
    EoZ 1300 ‘74
    EoZ 1300 ‘84
    upload_2021-7-9_18-17-37.png
    EoZ 1300 ‘90
    EoZ 1200 S Wagon
    EoZ 1200
    EoZ 840 Pickup
    EoZ 900 Standard
    EoZ 1400

Attached Files:

• upload_2021-7-9_17-58-3.png
    #10 EozCompanyCZ, Jul 9, 2021
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  11. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I made a bosozoku car, drives terrible but what did you expect from max camber, lowest ride height ever and a stock engine equipped with a big low quality aftermarket turbo and ridiculously long exhaust
    sdeasdadf.png
    asddasww.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  12. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

That pipeline of an exhaust surely won't lower the HP :D

13. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

To keep it realistic-ish I added all the most restricting mufflers and catalytic converter lol
    --- Post updated ---
    Could you delete the pics from your post or replace them with lower quality ones, they lag the thread for me and nothing wants to load and it's kinda annoying lol

14. EozCompanyCZ

EozCompanyCZ
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, I’ve been already thinking about shortening it when I’ve commented about the exhaust lol.

Did you also reduce the exhaust diameter to restrict the exhaust some more?

Tomorrow I’ll make some lower resolution images to help it even more.

15. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

I saw AutomotiveFlux's video where he built his own version of this so I just had to try to make a better one, without mods so the wheelbase is kinda too long but still cool I think
    wasddasds.png
    Featuring realistic engine with visuals, RPMs and stuff compared to the one in the movie, turns out it's pretty fast and wheelspins up to 3rd gear due to the tiny wheels lol

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  16. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

New car I made: Ultra light (580 kg) weird concept race car, all carbon fiber, powered by a turbocharged 2.5L I3 engine, makes 280hp but feels like 600 due to how light it is.
    Photo17.png
    Photo16.png

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Agent_Y

Agent_Y
    Expand Collapse
    Jbeam/QA support
    BeamNG Team

Russia's gratest drift machine. 99.8% wheelspin lol, obviously inspired by Shinyodd, drives terrible, made just for the memes
    Photo18.png Photo19.png Photo20.png

Attached Files:

18. SRT_Gamer

SRT_Gamer
    Expand Collapse

Before i read "inspired by Shinyodd" i thought "that is surely inspired by shinyodd" lmao

19. SKB

SKB
    Expand Collapse

how many wings you want for downforce?

Agent_Y: Yes.
    --- Post updated ---

--- Post updated ---

20. itzdaechoindawadaa

itzdaechoindawadaa
    Expand Collapse

Pardon my curiosity but how did you make that bodykit? Was it using the 3D shapes the game provided?

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice