1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

My complaints about the BeamNG forums.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cheekqo, Dec 13, 2017.

1. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Okay, you read the title.
    Like every forum, BeamNG has its flaws and problems that really makes me annoyed, I'm just going to say, most of this is based on the community and how the moderators deal with it.. Lets get this bundle of rubbish going.
    1. Alt Accounts
    Alternate accounts, they're there and its against the TOS to have an alt account, this is a very short section but its annoying when people have alt accounts, I know a member that has an alt account but I have gotten into a little.. banter with this member before and I doubt I could convince the devs that this member has an alt.
    2. How moderators deal with things
    Yeah, ban for 5 months and 3 point warning for "spamming gofundme links" and corruption in general.
    Examples of corruption:
    The banning of Stude, this member was hacked but after the hacking happened he was still banned.. What the fu-?
    Even worse for a part that I have been banned for being myself before.. What? I won't continue this as its so much of a damned section it'll melt my brain apart.
    3. Trolls&How to prevent them from returning
    Ah, trolls, they're everywhere and they get on peoples nerves, this isn't a problem though as the devs don't control how much trolls there are.
    But what really gets on my nerves is cases like Ivan Lochcov, he keeps returning, so why don't we give him a couple year email forum ban? I'm sure that you can gather the email as you enter it when you're making your account!
    4. More moderators who live in different timezones
    Its difficult and if you get the wrong moderators you could potentially have a bad moderator join, like when RoR happened.
    It'd be a good idea to put up a "moderation application" page on the forums, so you could write down a description and if another moderator (like Nadeox1) thinks you're good, then will be able to upgrade to staff or moderator status.
    5. The removal of the gender status thing.
    I know this is weird.. Alright? But it really got on my nerves when the gender option was removed. Why?
    Because a member suggested it.
    "Its a gaming forum" is not an excuse, it's a lot more than a gaming forum.

/rant

That's it for now.. I hope you enjoyed reading this bundle of stuff. But yeah, see you in the thread replies.
    Oh yeah, please don't delete this thread either, I gwet swulty wen my thwed is delted :(

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

1. ignore them
    2. same
    3. ignore them
    4. i prefer anarchy to having more moderators like the moderators we already have
    5. same

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

More moderators could help IMO.

More prompt intervention instead of enduring situations when the moderators are offline, only for Nadeox1 to deal with the mess the morning after...

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I suggest top down economics forum behavior. If we give the best members a cookie, it will surely eventually make it down to the... other... members. Then we cut taxes for the best members, elect the trolls as moderators, and delete the internet. These steps combined will surely solve our problems.

5. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

Trickle down doesn't work. We learned that with Regan in the US.

Honestly this rant could be stripped down... And the only thing I agree with are more moderators to help mitigate the trolls/hackers and or monitor for alt accounts.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

But I like ranting.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

I mean I agree and I don’t agree with this. Not going to say my opinion, but I don’t have any ALT Accounts, just going to let that out, since it’s ontopic

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice