Released My Crash Video!

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by SomethingIDontNo, Sep 17, 2015.

1. SomethingIDontNo

SomethingIDontNo
    Expand Collapse

So, I'm a very huge fan of this game, and I decided to try out a crash compilation. My computer is pretty crappy, so don't expect Kryton levels of amazing, but I think I did well. Feedback, positive of negative is always welcome.

Link:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ct5V9CIsIAA

2. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

3. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

That is pretty good I must say :) Considering you are new to montages making. There are some things I want to tell you though:

1. You used "Russian mods" which are very poor quality mods that look bad when you crash. JackAttack already pointed this out. Click that link he gave you, it is helpful! :D

2. The video itself is poor quality. 480p is not very good for YouTube anymore. Try to get at least 720p on future videos. People can really hate on you if you don't have HD.

3. The video is kinda laggy. I'm sure there is a reason though but I'm just saying. Try putting it into 2, 4, or even 8 time slow motion so that your FPS is higher. Then speed it up in editing. If that doesn't work, you probably need to upgrade your processor or graphics card.

4. Try to sync up the clips a little better. If you use transitions between clips and add some effects, the montage will turn out a lot better.

Now let's look at some positives.

1. The music is pretty good. I actually like the music, it suits the video pretty well and it's not just some dubstep crap blasting holes through your brain.

2. They are entertaining. Even though they have Russian mods they are still pretty fun to watch.

3. They have good crashes. They don't just have some crash going 10mph or something. They have decent crashes, rollovers, etc.

Here is one of my montages btw. They are not perfect but they are decent in my opinion. Sorry in advance for the music. Not the best selection but I sort of like it. :)

Please don't take the criticism too harshly. You have a lot of potential and I believe that you have a bright future for your channel :)

#3 HockeySnipe16, Sep 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. Zorin-Ind.

Zorin-Ind.
    Expand Collapse

constructive criticism, always +1!

5. NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck

NGAP NSO Shotgun Chuck
    Expand Collapse

I think I'd prefer the dubstep blasting holes in my brain. While I've mostly stopped hating on The BeamNG National Anthem, that music was, if not painful, certainly annoying.

6. HockeySnipe16

HockeySnipe16
    Expand Collapse

I like electronic music just not dubstep. I guess everyone has their own opinion though xD

7. SomethingIDontNo

SomethingIDontNo
    Expand Collapse

Hey man, thanks a lot. Honestly, didn't see much of a difference between them, but the wheels glitching out when throttling. Gonna include some higher quality cars hopefully in the next video!

+1 Thank you from me

- - - Updated - - -

You're the most helpful. I love feedback. And don't worry, you can talk all the shit about me, but I'm really trying YT out. Problem is, with the lag, I have, once again, a shitty computer. I really want to invest in a custom desktop, but I don't have the money for it. But I'm gonna attempt what you said with the speeding up of the video. Onto my next point, I'm not sure why the video is 480p. I recorded the game in 1280x720, unless I'm truly a retard and don't understand computer stuff (Yup, sounds about right). These two are due to my crappy...*sigh*, my crappy Alienware. Well, I'm currently working on higher quality mods, thanks to other helpful commenters, and for the transitions, that's just a case of dedicating a bit more time in Windows Movie Maker. Also, I'm using OBS recording software, which probably also affects quality and frames.

Thank you SO much! :D

8. JackAttak

JackAttak
    Expand Collapse

Well...that entire thread was dedicated to explaining the differences, and most people here hate them because they steal everyone's mods, so we'd prefer it if you didn't use them at all ;).

And you're welcome, thanks for acknowledging this.

9. SomethingIDontNo

SomethingIDontNo
    Expand Collapse

Deleted all the cars, starting out with a fresh selection!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice