My First Vehicle

Discussion in 'Automotive' started by St3v3th3d0g, Jul 2, 2019.

1. St3v3th3d0g

St3v3th3d0g
    Expand Collapse

Hello,
    I just passed the written portion of the driver's test and in a few months, I will get my learners permit. Since I was about 2 I have been interested in cars and have wanted to drive so I am very excited. I am a bit worried about what kind of a vehicle I will end up with once I get my license. I would preferably like to get a mid-size pickup with a manual transmission and 4X4. I would like either a Ford Ranger or a Toyota Tacoma (Not even close to new). My parents would like me to get something tiny and FWD (I am going on 6'1 so I may not fit too well). In the past few years, we have had an increasing need for a small truck (Moving a new patio set, Buying mulch, moving a kayak,etc.). I think that the truck aspect will be the easy sell in comparison to the Idea of a manual transmission. My Mom has driven manual a few times and couldn't drive my Grandpa's F150 and my Dad has barely ever driven stick and will refuse to drive my truck if I get one. How could I approach them with the idea of getting a vehicle that meets my criteria? I will be paying for 75% to 100% of it based on what the price is. Also, the only person who I know who may get a car that is stick is getting an old Miata that he doesn't know how to drive either.

2. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

If you're paying 100% of its price, just tell them to truck off in more or less polite manner.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice