1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

My FPS on the CrapTop

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by SHOme1289, Dec 23, 2014.

1. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

So I was messing around with some settings, in-game and in AMD Catalyst. After putting all settings on HIGH in game (except Lowest Lighting, any higher and FPS plummets), and EVEN some PostFX and SSAO, I managed to get over 30 FPS...Im actually averaging about 32, I saw as high as 41 FPS. I find it amazing, and Im really just suprised. I did recently update to the newest Drivers on AMD. I never saw this much FPS ever on this laptop. In the screengrab, you can see that my APU is running at a measly 2400mHz (stock is about 1500) but I must say that the new drivers from AMD definitely improved the system performace as a whole. GTA4 went from about 23 FPS with low low low settings to almost 30 FPS with medium/high settings. Hats off to AMD!! (and my temps average around 70c with Beamng, not too bad, i used to almost ALWAYS approach 85-95 consistently)

Anyway, probably a useless thread, except for the fact that anyone on a AMD craptop should consider updating to the newest drivers from AMD and overclock that puppy a little. Its super easy with catalyst, and they have the stress test/stability test so you can sdee if you are pushing it too hard. I think I can go a little higher but I dont want to shred my APU. Also, I have been overclocked at 2400 for almost a year already, and I constantly play Beamng and GTA and Assetto Corsa and even after quite a long time at high temps, my computer seems fine.

Cheers!

Screenshot:
    34.5 FPS!!!.png

EDIT after looking at my screenshot, it says im at 2300 right now...but it maxes currently at 2394.xx. Not too high, but def a nice improvement over my FPS from a week ago!!

Im gonna do a banana bench now and see whats up...My old Max beams nunber was like 19. Lets see.......Now its over 20. Still not so great, but for a 250 dollar laptop and over 30 FPS, ill take it!!

2. MetalMilitia623

MetalMilitia623
    Expand Collapse

Just goes to show you how important it is to keep drivers up to date. 30 fps on med/high on GTA IV is way better than what the 360 can do with that game so at least there's that. Seems like a decent budget laptop.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice