My laptop fans are running fast for no reason

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by evolvedpikachu3, Nov 20, 2018.

1. evolvedpikachu3

evolvedpikachu3
    Expand Collapse

Hi, my laptop fans have been running really fast for no apparent reason. It makes a very loud buzzing noise. When just browsing on the internet, its fine. But when running a simple game like roblox, they start to kick up and spin really fast. I have a nvidia geforce GTX 960M and an i7 core. It happened yesterday, and i thought it was over heating because i did play on it for 6hrs straight. So i left it to cool down for about 2 hrs. When i went to play some games again, the fans started to kick up really fast. So me and my dad opened it, and tried cleaning the fans, but 3 cables unplugged. When we plugged them back in, the keyboard stopped typing, but I have a separate keyboard connected to my monitor. What should i do and how do i make the fans stop whirring to the point it makes a loud noise? Thanks!

2. Nicholes Dorey

Nicholes Dorey
    Expand Collapse

your computer should be using your fans like that practicality doing anything because I have same computer as you because me just web browsing now my temps are fairly low
    The only thing I would check to see if you have a virus scan your computer a full scan with your antivirus and check task manger to see your usage on the cpu if its over 15% just web browsing if it is more then likely you have way to many apps running in the background or see if apps are being updated in steam that cause this as well. and download speccy to see your temps are hot if they are just web browsing there's something wrong

link for the app https://www.ccleaner.com/speccy/download
    note click the one for ccleaner.com for the app

Attached Files:

• Screenshot45.png
  3. evolvedpikachu3

evolvedpikachu3
    Expand Collapse

Well its been normal for a while now, I guess it was a periodical occurrence. Thanks for your help anyway!

4. Nicholes Dorey

Nicholes Dorey
    Expand Collapse

your welcome

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice