My Rig

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by JDMJAM, Aug 16, 2014.

1. JDMJAM

JDMJAM
    Expand Collapse

Hey all,
    This is my very first post, I'm a BeamNG Drive newbie, so thought the best way to introduce myself is to share my favorite toy :)

Specs are:-
    Antec P90 case
    ASRock Z77 Extreme 4 1155 Motherboard
    i5 3570K
    16GB Corsair Vengeance latancy matched RAM
    128GB SSD Drive (C Drive)
    2 x 3TB Seagate HDDs (Mirrored)
    MSI Nvidia GTX660Ti
    700W Modular PSU

The PC is running Win7 Ultimate and is in no way overclocked, but I am looking to go to the dark side and introduce some water cooling at some point in the future.
    I have had this setup for just over a year and I'm starting to get the itch to upgrade to an i7, maybe the 4790, however it means a new M/B too.... slightly out of my budget at the moment.

Runs BeamNG great, however I noticed that with more than 4 cars on screen things start to sloooooooooow.... is that normal?

2. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

PSSHH yeah that's normal, on half of the community's computers, 1 car will lag the game on low settings, whereas the other half's computers run multiple cars smoothly. It is a very CPU-intensive game, and 1 car runs on 1 core of the CPU, so after 4 cars on a 4 core system, things get worse and worse. The devs have recently released an update that optimized the physics engine a bit, and I am sure they are working their hardest to get the game more FPS-friendly. Also, a good way to check your system, is to run the game, press Shift+F and check your actual FPS (upper left hand corner) on the settings you feel comfortable with, then after a few minutes, press "J" and see if your FPS increases...Sometimes, the CPU may be good enough, but the GPU may bottleneck. This is a simple way to check that. Otherwise, welcome to the forums and enjoy the new updates that come along!!s

3. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

It is completely normal. My advice is to wait a few years until intel releases something worth upgrading to, and in the meantime you can get a new GPU.

4. JDMJAM

JDMJAM
    Expand Collapse

hahaha don't tempt me! A few of my mates have already done that within the last couple of months and even with slower MB's and CPU's, the graphical benchmarks (3D Mark) are still whipping me a new one...
    But happy to hear the slow down is a normal thing.

Thanks for the advice on the FPS will try that out... am riunning the game on my TV, so its 1920 x 1080 and full everything... will be interesting to see what it does.

Next thing on my list to learn now is how to make my own cars :)...just downloaded Blender and Drive Editor...got some reading to do...

#4 JDMJAM, Aug 16, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2014
  5. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

the drive editor doesn't currently work, and its pretty hard to get something scratch made into the game with its own Jbeam...a lot of mods are using vanilla car jbeams and being tweaked (like, a Civic hatch could use the Covet jbeam and tweak it to fit)If you have a decent model, after spending quite a few hours on it and post some progress shots, and get the model 80-90% done (including interior, suspension, engine/tranny, drivetrain and separate parts like doors, bumpers, fenders, etc etc etc) someone MAY assist you in getting the jbeam finished, however a lot of people start projects and NEVER finish the model, let alone get them in-game. Check out the "Vehicle Showeroom" and find a thread that has the orange [WIP] next to it and click on the actual [WIP] sign, and it will sort to all [WIP]'s, and you will see what I am talking about lol theres quite a few unfinished attempts. But best of luck and I hope something comes of your modeling!! (and if you want to start a thread, for gods sake, make sure you have progress/wire frame pics and some info about the car)

Cheers!

6. JDMJAM

JDMJAM
    Expand Collapse

Some good good advice there, thank you, have already see the Showroom and did note all the WIP threads... hmmm.... ok, will do what I can :D but don't hold your breath for anything any time soon ;)

7. SHOme1289

SHOme1289
    Expand Collapse

we all learned not to...and people still ask for release dates. That's like asking when gas prices are going down again :rolleyes: best of luck (I personally started to model 3 different cars and all failed , also maybe because I suck at modeling and I cannot figure out workflow etc.)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice