navigation

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by nighhawk01, Jan 19, 2013.

1. nighhawk01

nighhawk01
    Expand Collapse

how about a in-game navigator?

2. Flappyzor

Flappyzor
    Expand Collapse

Bit of an odd idea.
    It would be pretty good though if they added some sort of racing minigame.

Bit pointless but
    notbad.png

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Please don't... Navigation things with plotted routes is what ruined the experience of open world games for me :/ You may not realise it but it really adds to the experience when you're actually lost in a videogame, and the Abandoned Industrial Site seems perfect for that :). I remember driving around San Andreas back in the day... I really wanted a GPS back then, because I kept going to the map in the pause menu, thinking "Okay, so the first left, then the 5th right...", doing that route, and ending up in a completely different place because I missed a street or whatever. Then they introduced that sat nav in GTA IV, that I thought would improve the game, and guess what: I just blindly followed the GPS in a mission, never giving me the chance to get lost, which made the city seem even duller than it already was compared to SA. And yeah, you can just not use it, but it's pretty hard to not use something that's blatently screaming "hey I can help you when you're lost!"... Much more fun when I first played Far Cry 3 and I just had no idea where to go, just randomly following roads to see where they lead me...

EDIT@Fastracer below: ....
    But... .. but... Thats... what I just said...
    "And yeah, you can just not use it, but it's pretty hard to not use something that's blatently screaming "hey I can help you when you're lost!""

....?
    *sighs*... *starts crying*...

#3 Mythbuster, Jan 19, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
  4. Rocking_Star

Rocking_Star
    Expand Collapse

Very true.
    I don't see much of a point of adding this to the game. I really hate it too.
    According to me, most of the maps are/will be so beautiful that I think I would love getting lost (although it would be tough for me) :p

5. MineTube

MineTube
    Expand Collapse

I don't think it should be implemented at all. As most cars gabester made are like 1980s-1990s, which none of the cars even had a GPS.

6. TheFastRacer

TheFastRacer
    Expand Collapse

There was an option to disable the GPS route in GTA IV :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice