Need For Speed: Payback

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Jun 2, 2017.

1. VWlove38

VWlove38
    Expand Collapse

Don't know about you... I have Underground 2 on a disk and I'm happy

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

You know, the 2012 game was apparently meant to actually be like the 2005 game. There are a bunch of videos someone put on Youtube of dev builds, that may be fake, but I think they have too much effort put in to actually be fake.

I noticed the sense of speed thing in the videos I saw. It may have just been me, but it looked slow...

3. FS16

FS16
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, but thats a problem recurring in every single NFS. It always looks like youre driving 30 mph even though youre blasting down the highway maxing out the car.

4. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I watched a full review thing recently, and yeah, the nitpicks above are deffinantly there. But they'd probably be tolerable if it weren't for that upgrade system. That looks horrible... Seems like just another thing to make more money...

• Agree Agree x 5
  5. ktheminecraftfan

ktheminecraftfan
    Expand Collapse

You could access it with a glitch of some sorts, not sure its still possible.

I can imagine they are doing work to introduce it at a later date as they probably want to make it more fun with minigames and stuff.

6. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Is EA worse than WG with the greedy decisions that ruin gameplay? Never thought the day would come where any company surpasses WG's money before quality approach

If it wasn't for how bad Failrace made the performance upgrade system seem and the fact that my processor is .3Hz below minimum specs I would've bought it (though I am worried that they will eventually add DLC to the point of Hot Pursiit 2010. That game had good DLC but they were all so expensive for what they were (and a silly amount of them)).

7. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

I don't know anything about WG< but I do know that EA don't really care whatsoever, and only want money. The thing that sucks is that even though they throw all this microtransaction trash into their games, everyone still buys their games. They're not gonna stop, because they don't have any reason too. Maybe if everyone stopped buying into this and supporting it, then it might. But I can't even manage to get my close friends to stop buying these games. So there's basically no chance that there'll ever be enough people not buying their games to make them consider changing

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Pervin.M

Pervin.M
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Need for speed Payback sucks,even Test drive umlimited with it's shitty arcade physics has better handling than this piece of crap,also,have i talked about awful drifting?Yeah,it's on par with The Crew.

Don't buy the game,it sucks,it's Mercedes of gaming world.

I will miss Blackbox and it's legendary games that are still enjoyable than most of the games today.

• Like Like x 1
  9. C747

C747
    Expand Collapse

You talk about WarGaming?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Nyan2Fast4U

Nyan2Fast4U
    Expand Collapse

Except for Shift and Shift 2, although I wouldn't really call them NFS games since they are...good. The sense of speed in those two was insane.

I really miss those.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

Need for speed shift 2 was awesome espacially when you did a 30 lap race in the figure of 8 track

12. Codeslamer

Codeslamer
    Expand Collapse

If only they let me change the wheel colours in that game. Yeah, it's a nitpick, and doesn't affect the game, but come on!

13. skodakenner

skodakenner
    Expand Collapse

I never noticed that i cant change the wheel coulors but i havent played it for nearly 3 years

14. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Is this one of the damn games that won't let you play offline?

15. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Nope, it actually is mostly singleplayer. You can play online, but it isn't a focus of the game.

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Whoa, I'm surprised. That was the thing I hated most about the last NFS game. May get this after all, but probably not.

• Like Like x 1
  17. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I am really torn on if I should get this once I upgrade my system. I've wanted a game with good customization for awhile, but I've noticed that tires don't always fit in the fenders and the massive grind for performance parts can hinder customization. Not sure about how fun the racing looks, and the storyline is probably on the level of "grab your phone to pass the time during cutscenes". I'm getting the feeling that this is a "pick up on 50% off sale" game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Snikle

Snikle
    Expand Collapse

Are the police pursuits in this one any good? In Carbon, I would always try to get the cops after me just so I could play with them for half an hour, and would get angry if I accidentally evaded them. In Most Wanted 2012 and NFS 2015, the pursuits were boring as hell and felt like a chore.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

Judging by the fact that they are only activated on purpose it probably feels really limited. The game trailers made the cops seem just as horribly over the top as the story line is, and the "oh no look it's a rhino!" thing seems more like a stupid gimmick than a top tier police unit

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. BowlerHatJack

BowlerHatJack
    Expand Collapse

I'm fairly sure that (unless ea has altered it since release) that there are no cops in freeroam.

Google the subject for more info.
    I stopped caring about this game since i found out about the cards and no online freeroam.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice