1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Thez71guy, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Thez71guy

Thez71guy
    Expand Collapse

Okay my motherboard went out so I just going to buy new motherboard and better cpu but not sure what CPU I want to go with I'm looking at the Amd fx 9590 or the intel i7 4770k so can yall tell me what would be better I just use my pc to play games and mod them right now my pc has the intel i7 2700k cpu so can anyone tell me what one would be best. Thanks

2. Singh336

Singh336
    Expand Collapse

Check benchmarks here

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_list.php

then google reviews, i always start with the above link when looking into new hardware though, its not an end all be all tell of performance.. but its a good way to start

3. AirSKiller

AirSKiller
    Expand Collapse

I would take the i7, not that the FX line isn't good but, for that price, you are much better served with the i7-4770k.

However, I must say that the i7-2700k you have is still a very competitive CPU! Might not be worth getting rid of it just yet... Try to find a 100$ motherboard or even a 50$ used one, that CPU has a lot of juice left in it and the i7-4770k is just about 25-45% faster, not a lot if you think about it. You could save your money for latter when a CPU comes out that is really really worth getting... Anyway, that's just what I would do :)

4. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

For gaming you will get the same FPS. The 2700k is still a very capable CPU that won't bottleneck your system for a long time. I would wait and get a CPU that really brings some huge performance improvements over the past generations, like I did going from a Q6600 to a 2500k.

5. Razze11

Razze11
    Expand Collapse

I Would keep the 2700k and just get a new motherboard as the AM3+ socket (as far as i know) is no longer being supported by AMD, and the 4770k wont see much performance gain over the 2700k especially for the price you will be paying. But if you are positive you want a new CPU then get the Intel.

6. Thez71guy

Thez71guy
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the help guys

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice