1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

new here.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Cwazywazy, Dec 1, 2012.

1. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

hi all, im new on this forum. ive been playing ror for a long time and ive been following the progress of this game for a couple months and decided to join. pretty excited about it.

i dunno if ill be able to play it well since i use a dell latitude e6500. (core 2 duo 2.5ghz, 3gb ram, intel gma x4500mhd) i can play ror fine at around 20-30 fps most of the time. on the big maps though i get around 8-15.

also, i know this question has been asked several times but, when is it going into beta stage? the videos seem like the game is good enough to go into beta.

2. gtaman788

gtaman788
    Expand Collapse

Hi welcome to the world of beamng:) How many fps do you get in ror in lets say Gabes Chevy s10 on f1 test track and then how many fps do you get in his new cars like the bandit and a big map then i can tell you if it will play it. As for beta thay hinted that no beta but thay don't know and it may look playable but it may have bugs. anyway good luck i hope that youre computer can play beamng.:D

3. redrobin

redrobin
    Expand Collapse

You may want to refer to this: http://www.engl.niu.edu/wac/punctrls.html It took me 3 tries to read what you typed.

As for you, you may want to upgrade to a mid ranged desktop, but I do beleive Gabe said tht even a bad computer can run this game with decent FPS. I don't really know though, I'm building a $650 USD rig just for this simulator (In my opinion, like RoR, it's not a game, but a simulator). Welcome to the forums and have a nice stay!

4. Cwazywazy

Cwazywazy
    Expand Collapse

well, i only get an allowance of $20 a month. (im 13) plus i have netflix. so i cant afford a very good computer. (half of my laptop was free and i used the screen from my old laptop (held in by duct tape :p)) i do have a desktop. p4 3.2ghz, 3.5gb ram, 512mb geforce 7600gs overclocked. i dont use it very often because it tends to break down a lot. plus my laptop is faster at general things like internet browsing (especially because my desktop has a really cheap chinese wifi adapter) and stuff.

christmas is coming up though :D

5. Trykkestar

Trykkestar
    Expand Collapse

*They. They haven't really said whether or not there will be a beta. Actually, since the devs said "not yet," I'd guess that there will be a beta in the future (http://www.beamng.com/faq.php?faq=beamng#faq_beta). I'm not sure it has many bugs either. It's just far from completion.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice