1. Thread posting restricted: Only the BeamNG team members can post new threads in this sub-forum in order to prevent spam. Posting is available on unlocked threads.

New Jobs - October 2019

Discussion in 'Microblogs' started by MrGantt, Oct 8, 2019 at 5:19 PM.

1. Kueso

Kueso
    Expand Collapse

Love the community inclusion!
    I hope to see some new faces to the team.
    Sadly i am still 15, and live in California. I would love to be a moderator/support manager, but it's definitely not in the cards for me right now. I have to stay focused in school and keep achieving good grades.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

If i wasn't 14, i'd love to be a community manager

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I really wanna see the team expanded to cover the wiki editors I have discussed changes to the wiki system limiting non wiki editors to their own page and no more but for the wiki editors group that I am in we should have more permissions to edit all pages

4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Erm..

• Like Like x 1
  5. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I know thats coming Veyron but it would be an idea to have limits on what some people can do to say cut down on the spam like say adding it fan content or uploading pdfs of roleplay stuff to the wiki

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

While I would love to be a staff member of the Beamng.drive studio I have about -80 applicable skills so I'll just sit and hope you pick someone good.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Justy4WDTURBO

Justy4WDTURBO
    Expand Collapse

Or just ban the (stupid I might add) RP crap from the wiki/docs entirely, it has no place there.

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

That would garner a reputation of being a bit heavy handed in my personal opinion, we need a softer touch, but also we need a team that can react to problems rapidly theres a lot of lag between flagging something and then having it removed

(OT: 3300th post yeah I am that lame I count these xD)

#28 RobertGracie, Oct 13, 2019 at 5:52 PM
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2019 at 8:36 PM
  9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I second this.

The official documentation/wiki should only accurately describe official content.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. RobertGracie

RobertGracie
    Expand Collapse

I agree with you there on it, generally speaking the Wiki should be that but some people think differently I mean theres a Wiki contributors group setup and the Content and stuff for the game should be only edited by that group anyone else who tries to edit it, nope sorry you dont have the power to do such a post, its just how you have to see it, I have an unusual view on how things should be on the wiki and stuff, generally the only pages that you should be able to edit are your own page and nothing more, but if your part of that "BeamNG Wiki Contributors" group, you should have the ability to go in and edit all content, except for the stuff the Staff put into the wiki that is relating to helping users and other things of that nature, it would radically cut the spam out of Automation pictures and stuff I have had a few dozen pages deleted because of it

Sorry if I seem to be rambling in this post

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice