1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

New to the game. How to get started?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BigMathis, Jun 17, 2018.

1. BigMathis

BigMathis
    Expand Collapse

Hey there. I just bought beamng.drive and I really like it so far. The game seems to offer many options and I feel like I have just scratched the surface so far. So I want to ask if anyone can tell me the best and easiest way to learn the game and all of its functions. Thanks.

2. General S'mores

General S'mores
    Expand Collapse

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. cookies and milk

cookies and milk
    Expand Collapse

How I see it, there is no real way to play the game. Just go and do whatever (race, drive around, do scenarios, download mods etc.)
    that's how I like to play. All the controls are in the settings so you can check that out too.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Cheekqo

Cheekqo
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Here's my suggestions to the game:
    1. Mods, this game has a large and flourishing modding community so make sure to head down the repository for the best mods and the land/vehicles section for mods in development or lower quality mods.
    2. Steering Wheel, this game is a driving simulator/physics simulator so a steering wheel is recommended if you have one on hand.
    3. Community, interact with the community of this game, it's pretty big! Most people you find on this forum will be willing to give up time to help you through the forum and game, you will come across some arseholes, but that's with every community.
    4. Updates, this game is updated every 1-4 months on average, which pumps out new sounds, vehicles, maps, effects, and more!
    5. General community do's and don'ts, straight in with it, don't bump dead threads unless it's important or the topic is still relevant, bumping a dead thread is replying to a thread that hasn't been replied to in more than 3 months roughly.
    Spamming isn't allowed on this forum in most aspects.
    Using abusive language every sentence isn't exactly fonded (fondlered, foodleried?)
    Try to stick to the forum rules, here they are:
    https://wiki.beamng.com/Forum_Rules
    Thank you for joining this community and I wish you a good time with the game and forum :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

My big suggestion: don’t box yourself in. A lot of people see the soft body physics and suddenly think carnage is all this game is good for. I love hotlapping and just cruising around. And messing with the T-Series ram plow ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Harkin Gaming

Harkin Gaming
    Expand Collapse

Use a gamepad, configure all of the controls and look through the settings. After that just fool around driving, configuring cars, and doing scenarios. If you find that driving is difficult, try the campaign called "driver training" it sort of acts as a makeshift tutorial.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice