WIP Beta released Graphics Mod AL - Fancy stuff instructions 20220818 for 0.25

Discussion in 'Mods and Skins' started by Brother_Dave, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Intresting, testing between my two monitors im using atm, green on one, not green on the other so probably due to monitor settings, more than likely how warm the colors are set on the monitors. Well it shouldnt be green, the sunlight is only yellow/brown/grey throughout the day BUT i havent adjusted GRID maps brightness so i can have a look at that in a near future. How does your other maps look, say Small Island or Hirochi?

2. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

I don't use your mod because it's performance hungry. I just tested it for tint shift.

Doesn't your 2nd monitor uses wide color space?
    --- Post updated ---
    The FIRST rule of image related workplace: set right monitor's settings.

#102 den_chik, Nov 16, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2020
  3. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

I agree with the FIRST rule, Im though currently at work, on non-hdr monitors. At home im using a full HD hdr 32" monitor which ive turned off every possible feature and filter, along with calibrating it to a median of all monitors i have access too, to make sure the image looks similar on most monitors. Ill have a look at GRID again when i get back home, to find a solution for you.

4. Opteryx

Opteryx
    Expand Collapse

so its basically optifine for beamng

5. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Dont know what that is :rolleyes:

Sure is alot of ppl with green tint, ill have to look with another monitor than the one im using but heres a screenshot while im currently playing, Grid map untouched, not adjusted for my stuff so its how it should look on yours too:
    --- Post updated ---
    Another one, evening and different angle and adjusted the brightness to my mod

Attached Files:

• DesktopScreenshot20201116-17565071.png
    • DesktopScreenshot20201116-18033048.png
  6. Opteryx

Opteryx
    Expand Collapse

Optifine is a mod for minecraft that adds a massive amount of video settings and rewrites the entire rendering engine

7. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

Looks as it should, unlike in the other screenshots, hope it's not a big hassle to solve this :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

I don't clearly understand you. Your screensot has some green tint, hasn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Yeah i dont have the green tint at home, all monitor settings at as neutral as i can but according to the quote below it has a green tint for some :) Also, at work i have the same green tint as in the other screenshot, ill elaborate more in the quote below:

I dont have the green tint at home, all monitor settings at as neutral as i can but looking at the screenshots at the monitors at work it has a green tint on one and not the other. The green tint is on the one with warmer colors (the one i use the most so its set to be kinder on the eye). What i can do is tint the whole TOD light towards red which should counteract the green some experience but i think that its most a matter of how cold/warm users like their monitors. I might need a poll after AL8 to see how many thinks it has a green tint and how many dont, that way i can adjust to suit the most .)
    --- Post updated ---
    EDIT:

I took a pic with my phone, of my two monitors at work. The left is set at a warmer tone, the right is neutral. The left looks green IMO, the right looks... right :p

Attached Files:

• 20201117_072333.jpg
    • Like Like x 2
  10. den_chik

den_chik
    Expand Collapse

But we have. You must calibrate your monitors to the best. Look to official screens and judge THE RIGHT COLOR: (picture below) But you can just run the game without mod. :)
    --- Post updated ---
    As developer you have use reference neutral settings for color. User's monitor setting is something no matter for you.

Attached Files:

• Grid.jpg
    #110 den_chik, Nov 17, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  11. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Funny you would mention neutral as thats what i use, and not warm ;)

As i have already said a couple of times (for example in post #106) thats what i do. I have about 150-200 downloads per release and so far 5ish people saying its green, thats so far 2.5% of the ppl downloading it. Still ive said im willing to look into it since i want it to look good for most ppl ;)
    Doing this in Beamng gets about 1-3 hours/week since i have a family, work and other hobbies to take care of. I understand you want it to look less green and you see it from your point of view but try seeing it form my point of view too :rolleyes:

12. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

For some reason, AL7 makes my frames drop when I'm in the interior cam.

13. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Thats odd, your fps should drop altogether :confused: Is it different in different vehicles?

14. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Nope. If it makes any difference, I changed my default car a while back. Its quite intermittent, but it seems to drop by about 10fps as soon as I enter the interior. :confused:

15. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

The only thing i can think of is if the normals maps eats fps inside the car. I did actually have problems with the digital dash in the Vivace causing fps drops and lags overall but i think thats gone away..

16. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

FOR THOSE WITH THE GREEN TINT EXPERIENCE

Do these screens look better? The first one is how it should look for you since i hadnt adjusted Gridmaps brightness, the second is with adjusted brightness to work better with my mod. BOTH should be less green :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

• DesktopScreenshot20201118-19564226.png
    • DesktopScreenshot20201118-19581141.png
  17. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Well, after changing the SSAO quality to low, the problem went away. Phew! By the way, fantastic mod! ;)

Attached Files:

• Screenshot342.png
  18. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Great! And thank you :) Btw, is yours a bit green too? Had a few complaints lately that the mod looks like tis tinted green.

19. Born 2 Drive

Born 2 Drive
    Expand Collapse

Well, It is slightly green, but I've managed to cover it up by messing around with the hue on the HDR panel.

20. Confused_Deer43

Confused_Deer43
    Expand Collapse

It's definitely looking better :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice