1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

New Waypoint AI

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by go14smoke, Apr 1, 2015.

1. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

I can't figure out how to turn the new AI on that follows waypoints. Any help?

2. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

Same here, it either steers full lock left/right or it follow the path for a while then steers off the road. Its caused by random mode were it follows a random way point anywere on the map, the problem is i have no idea how to set it up manually...

3. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Yeah, it is funny though, but I wish I could get it all the way around ECA or something.

4. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I think I figured out how to set the AI up properly:)

Step 1: Add the AI app.
    Step 2: Expand the app.
    Step 3: Set the AI up the way you want.

5. WhiteFusion

WhiteFusion
    Expand Collapse

Tried setting up the app but to no avail.
    gY3SZ.png

6. go14smoke

go14smoke
    Expand Collapse

Figured that out, but you can't decide which waypoint to go to nor can you choose a route.

7. WhiteFusion

WhiteFusion
    Expand Collapse

Reinstalling/Verifying your game will possibly fix your issue.
    I reinstalled and it started working.

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I just got it to work on the test map. They drive around half the track, until they reach the dead end and just drive in cricles.
    Also when they miss a checkpoint, they will try to hit it, but fail.
    The video proof is uploading right now.:)

Done! : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF1dfB8xBMc

#8 SuperNoob05, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2015
  9. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I have just finished a fresh install to solve this problem but now, the AI drive for like 100-200 yards then stop turn around and go back then again and again. I'm using East Coast USA map and have used the spawn new vehicle button to get another car. Would really like to read a tutorial on this if anyone knows about one, please share :) Thanks

10. Binkey

Binkey
    Expand Collapse

I haven't posted on this forums in a while! The new AI system is absolutely amazing, although, I can't figure out how to choose what path for the AI to take. I know there's the 'random' setting in the AI menu, but I want the AI to drive a full lap around the main track of Hirochi raceway. If anyone knows how to accomplish this, let me know, it will be greatly appreciated. :)

11. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

AI isn't quite working yet properly in this update.

12. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

The waypoints appear to live in the level/Beam ng folder where the new car spawn is. I've been looking on the AI test level and it seems quite simple but I can't work out where in the waypoint options you set the speed, I noticed that the AI slow down when approaching a waypoint on the start of a corner, I just need to work out how to set that value. I'm not to fussed about it working at the moment but I do want to start laying down waypoints into my tracks. Maybe further support will be added later and at the moment they are just teasing us a bit with all this.

- - - Updated - - -

waypoints1.jpg

I've added in and sized the waypoints for the first 2 of my track series. Just need to be able to get them to link and have set speeds for the AI.

13. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

additionally, there is a new difficulty setting to decalroads, set that above 0 and it should work :)

14. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I have made the decalroad of my track have the Pathfinding Difficulty setting 1. Still nothing though, I fear there is more to it than just laying the waypoints all named sequentially and the difficulty setting of the road. Thanks for your time :)

#14 HighDef, Apr 5, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  15. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

None of the maps have functional AI for me. That is with a complete wipe of BeamNG including manual deletion of leftover files that steam didnt clear up and wiping the cache for a clean install. I just get random circles driven in

16. jplayer

jplayer
    Expand Collapse

I was confused at first but whybeare's video sorta explained it, but I will paraphrase little. Not all tracks have the way point installed. but it you go to Hirochi race way and one or two other stock tracks, and open the UI app,the bottom element has three options, the first one will show a way point track if one is present. you have the use the UI app to control the AI, and it is random. that probably makes no sense but eigh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JLb-7nIyUXk heres the link to his vid. it made sence to me and is better than i will be able to explain

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice