[New wiki article] Introduction to Terrain Creation

Discussion in 'Content Creation' started by gigawert, Jun 21, 2017.

1. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

Hi guys, this morning I've been writing a comprehensive wiki article and fixing up the map creation pages of the wiki. Enjoy!

https://wiki.beamng.com/Starting_a_new_map_project

This tutorial is for absolute beginners and shows you how to make a new map, based off of ECUSA assets and textures. I will write more tutorials in the near future about making your own assets.

• Like Like x 1
  2. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

Hey! I love the tutorial, showed me how to finally start a map. Combo with the heightmap tutorial LFJHutch made for us, that's everything needed! Except, I couldn't find the "sky_and_sun" folder in the mission editor, so deleted everything else. Now I have this:
    Screenshot102.png
    No sky or sun! Is there a way to undo this? I've already restarted the game and tried Ctrl+Z.

• Like Like x 1
  3. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

In the top right of that screen, go to Library, and somewhere in there you should find Basic Sun and stuff like that under a folder Environment. I'm not totally sure as I am not on my main OS right now, but I know it's somewhere in there.

• Like Like x 1
  4. BombBoy4

BombBoy4
    Expand Collapse

It keeps giving me an "error, could not load heightmap" when I import one, and the terminal only repeats it. I've tried every file I've seen, in the roads export and a heightmap made with photoshop's cloud filter. It's saved as a .png, if that helps.

5. gigawert

gigawert
    Expand Collapse

The heightmap needs to be in Documents\BeamNG and nowhere else.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice