1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

next video and screen shots

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sam2012, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Sam2012

Sam2012
    Expand Collapse

to the devs are you guies planning another video you know a big one like the first and second one also if you can soke screen shots of crashes wouldd be much appreciated dont mean to bother you just curious thank you .:cool:

2. Gabe Ster

Gabe Ster
    Expand Collapse

i don't think they like to reveal what they're doing until they already did it. Like when they changed over from cryengine to torque3d. Some people noticed the change when it happened and most found out like 2 months later when there was a blog or something about it.

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Here's a screenshot guys...
    37Lm0.jpg

Huehuehueh...

Now stop frigging whining about screenshots lol

4. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

lol, thank you for that.

5. .Alpha

.Alpha
    Expand Collapse

[Sarcasm] Wow amazing! Are you a dev or something? A beta tester!? pls let me play my cmputer is good. [/Sarcasm]

6. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

Are you serious? You can obviously tell it's photoshopped. The shadows in the scene don't match the car at all.

7. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I can't tell if you're being stupid or running with the joke in some way.

8. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

Stupid?! Are you insinuating that the scene DOESN'T look photoshopped? The car looks perfectly fine in the scene, as if it were placed in by an elegant artist. My only issue is with the improper shaddowing on the car. To be honest, I'm not quite sure that the scene is even of BeamNG. To me, it looks exactly like minecraft or even Doom, which luckily for the artist looks just as good, if not better than any map rendered with torque3d.

9. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

welp, that answers that. You've gone beyond poe's law back into obvious again.

10. eletricmano

eletricmano
    Expand Collapse

Please, just please stop being dumb okay.

11. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

Please, just please obtain a sense of humor.

12. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

I was attempting to mock .Alpha (sprightly) by trying to show that sarcasm doesn't need to be in [TAGS][/TAGS] to be understood, but I suppose I proved the very opposite.

And I would eletricmano, but I see no logic in respecting the wishes of someone who fails to heed their own instruction.

Potato, you are the coolest starch, if not the coolest crop, on the forums.

13. DevKryton

DevKryton
    Expand Collapse

Haha lol :) Na, it's good they post not much screens and videos, it makes the game even more interesting. I remember I wasn't even exited about grid2 because the Devs posted nearly one video/day.

14. nojokenw

nojokenw
    Expand Collapse

it looked like a gta 4 car photoshopped into a random warehouse are screenshot, so it is a screenshot

15. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

Actually it's a car I'm currently modelling for when BeamNG comes out... And it was paint, not photoshop... And it was a BeamNG screenshot that was posted on the blog ages ago...

:rolleyes:

And I agree with DevKryton, I'd rather not have them post too many screenshots, then there will be way more to explore/discover ourselves when it comes out, keeps a little more mystery around the game, just like what happens with GTA 5 (though I do like the occasional screenshot of course!).

EDIT@Luke below: Yeah, that ;)

#15 Mythbuster, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  16. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

Sarcasm is amazingly obvious in text because it doesn't require a tone of voice to be picked up on. Its quite incredible that in a forum full of people who vary in intelligence levels, and most of them are highly intelligent, that we actually don't need to have it pointed out because Poe's law states that sarcasm and stupidity are very much distinguishable when you aren't expecting it. I mean, it is easy enough to read the mind of a writer in a body of text thats homogenous to any other post written on the forum and instantly see that there's sarcasm or a parody going on. This is why most people don't denote it in some way, and why the widely used way to denote irony isn't to put it in italics

I suppose you could use an interrobang, but there's not a large amount of characters you're allowed to use on the forum. There are meta characters like [!] for sarcasm, and [?] for rhetorical questions, or you can put the whole thing in scare marks. Where computers and typing things out is the case, its acceptable to use a tag like </sarcasm>. I mean, there are a variety of ways to do it. The only reason you shouldn't denote sarcasm is if you want to make it ambiguous or use a double entendre. I'm not having a go, but I'm just saying that .Alpha hasn't actually done anything wrong. Your mockery would have been obvious if he actually made a horrific mistake.

#16 Hati, Jun 5, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
  17. luke198

luke198
    Expand Collapse

*mystery* I must be turning into a grammar Nazi or something...:eek:

- - - Updated - - -

You are obviously being sarcastic.:eek:

18. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

yes? oh wait, nvm your talking about an actual mystery.... oh right, LOL i also just remeberd that im logoster now, not mysteryboyee, lol.

19. Ltp0wer

Ltp0wer
    Expand Collapse

The mockery was completely in jest. I wasn't trying to imply that .Alpha had done anything wrong. After reading his post, which was "[Sarcasm] Wow amazing! Are you a dev or something? A beta tester!? pls let me play my cmputer is good. [/Sarcasm]," I was wondering if anyone would take it seriously if he had not put in the sarcasm tags. I'm well aware that sarcasm is hard to denote in text. I figured that the more unabashedly ridiculous the statement is (which in my mind his was), the more unnecessary it is to label it. As you know, I tested my hypothesis by trying to post something I thought was equally ridiculous and sarcastic, but it wasn't well received. I wagered that I had not made it ridiculous enough and so I decided to followup with even more ridiculousness.

Seriously though, if .Alpha had not put in the tags, do you think anyone would have taken it as a serious statement? I would hope not. Perhaps I feel that a humorous, sarcastic statement is cheapened when labelled, but that feeling doesn't seem to be shared among my glorious BeamNG comrades.

20. Hati

Hati
    Expand Collapse

I think you have a point, then again some of the posts I've seen on this forum over the last year and a bit are the kind that make it hard to recognize when someone is being sarcastic. Ones so stupid I assume the devs remove them out of sympathy more than anything. I couldn't figure you out until you went completely off the deep end with it. There are a couple of, shall we say, cognitively stunted users here who will write something like that and be entirely serious. Honestly, its hard to tell.

#20 Hati, Jun 6, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice