Nissan GT-R warranty issues

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Kitteh5, May 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitteh5

Kitteh5
    Expand Collapse

I was researching one of my fav cars, and I read the warranty booklet online, and it said the warranty is void if you turn off the VDC (aka traction control) except for rocking the car for snow, and any competitive driving or racing. Even denying Nissan access to the car's black box. Awful for Nissan's performance-for-all car, which is made for going like this.

2. B3AST1YCAK3S

B3AST1YCAK3S
    Expand Collapse

Wow this is crazy its like they control your whole car haha. turning off traction control voids woooow. I mean I could see racing voiding it but how would they know if you raced it or not, does it check your engine performance and stuff to see if you've been racing (How does tat work).

3. Mythbuster

Mythbuster
    Expand Collapse

I think they can connect a laptop and read out some sort of black-box in the GT-R to see if TC has been turned off :/ Dunno where I heard that, but I can recall something like that.

On a side note:

Ferrari doesn't let you buy an Enzo if you didn't own several other Ferrari's... And even worse: I can't remember what car it was, but there was one of those silly supercars that, if you bought it, was still owned by the brand itself, and you would need to contact them and they'd bring the car to you and they would occasionally let you race/drive it... Think it was either a Pagani or a Ferrari...

It's stupid really, both the GT-R stuff and the Ferrari thing...

For these reasons alone I would never buy a Ferrari(or a GT-R), not that I have the money for either, but no thanks... :/

inb4 "It's still a Datsun" :p

EDIT@Below: Lmao, I guess I will forever laugh at people with an FXX or an 599XX.... Oh wait... No that won't work because noone actually owns them :p People that "bought" one of those must be really really dumb lol

#3 Mythbuster, May 31, 2013
    Last edited: May 31, 2013
  4. TheAdmiester

TheAdmiester
    Expand Collapse

It was Ferrari, they did it with the FXX and 599XX. They keep the car and dictate when you're allowed to have a go. It's basically paying upwards of 500k to lease a car every now and then.

5. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

I knew it was the FXX.

With the Nissan though, it's pretty stupid how its TC and not anything else. Since TC won't help if you get stuck, or you might be doing a burnout somewhere safe...

6. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

Wow this is old news. Where were you when the car was released?

7. Ratboy

Ratboy
    Expand Collapse

I work in a volvo dealership as a service tech. while there's many reasons a warranty can be voided. Unless you do something really stupid most techs are going to turn a blind eye to it. we get paid on the work we do. If we tell you the warranty is voided and its going to cost a large lump of money to fix your nearly new car. chances are your going to leave and i'm not going to make any money.

8. Brother_Dave

Brother_Dave
    Expand Collapse

Soooo... Do the americans know that because of their lack of knowledge of how stressful launch control is for a FI engine, NISSAN atleast discussed (dont know of the actually went through with it) to remove launch control on the US GT-Rs? :rolleyes: I would definitely have that in my warranty breach-notes :cool:

9. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

Haha, launch control, I'll take a stickshift any day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice