Nitro powered rc car

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Crash all day, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Crash all day

Crash all day
    Expand Collapse

I was wondering if a Nitro powered version of the rc cars would be available since we have electric. It would be awesome to see Nitro rc cars! I've owned a lot of them in my life and would love to see a few in Beamng!!!!!!!

2. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

you could always add some nitro sounds to the existing rc cars.

3. Crash all day

Crash all day
    Expand Collapse

That's easy haha, Not all that exciting. You couldn't over rev and seize those motors up then. I did once on my Team Associated GT2 years back haha

4. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

all you have to do is change the torque curves, the fuel type required, the sound, and change it from "electricMotor" to "combustionEngine". then fiddle with the idle rpm and all that stuff until it's right

there is no pre-defined fuel in the game, you could set your engine to take "Avgas" and as long as your fuel tank is set to hold "Avgas", then it will work.
    you could even use water, or air, or dust, or of course nitromethane.

just make sure your battery is changed from "mainBattery" or whatever it's called to "mainTank" and make sure the engine is pulling "nitro" from "mainTank" or whatever you choose to call either one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

Actually there are pre-defined fuels in beamng. its in an lua somewhere. but yeah, fuel tank names are more simple if you wanna keep the same fuel type.
    upload_2018-11-4_21-31-37.png
    you could add nitro rc cars with the proper fuel physics stuff but im honestly not sure about all of this.
    While we are talking about it id like to ask the devs as well.
    Does this all make a difference in how the engines heat up? I was looking for adding methanol fuel in beamng for a certain mod im working on but i dont know if working on a custom lua is worth it.

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. SebastianJDM

SebastianJDM
    Expand Collapse

oh wow, that's interesting as hell. are those the only 3?

7. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

you could probably right a new lua file with more in fuel types, but those are the ones that come with the game

• Like Like x 1
  8. crashmaster

crashmaster
    Expand Collapse

yeah, the only 3 i saw as of now. if you wanna check them they are in BeamNG.drive\lua\vehicle\energyStorage and start at line 82

9. TWilliams458

TWilliams458
    Expand Collapse

Dude for starters, you don't ask to have mods made here, you post progress of a mod you;re making. Secondly, I'm surprised the other forum users didn't say anything.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. marlenemancuso

marlenemancuso
    Expand Collapse

I wanted to but I didn’t want to be that guy.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice