1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

No Material Issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Twitch Axis, Jan 8, 2021.

1. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

I've been around for a while and have had my fair share of bugs and glitches, but this one is something that confuses me greatly. All my maps work fine...except East Coast, USA. Nothing has material except for the terrain and roads. All objects have the orange texture of death.

I first thought that it was something I had done with modding maps, since I haven't touched them since 2018. I deleted all the mods in my "unpacked folder", didn't fix the issue. So, I verified the integrity of my installation, came back fine. Decided to launch in safe mode and bam, ECU loaded up just fine and had no material issues. I figured it was an issue with one of my mods. Well I deactivated all my mods one by one and still had the issue, even will all mods disabled. Since getting mods back is easy, I went one step further and deleted every single mod out of the folder. I still have the material issue.

With all that being said, I'm not sure what's causing the issue. Clearly safe mode is deactivating something that isn't a mod, or something I'm unaware of.

2. Roman Garms

Roman Garms
    Expand Collapse

Safe mode plays with a clear cache, and a free levels folder (at documents>BeamNG.drive>levels). So try to clear cache, and if you have that levels folder, try to clear it too. Sometimes it's not there. I believe it working in safe mode means the issue is 100% in your user folder (the documents>BeamNG folder), though not necessarily in the mods folder.

It's also possible these steps won't help at all, but you might as well try?

Worst comes to worst, just delete the user folder (you'll lose settings and mods, plus a couple of other things), and run beam again and it would likely be solved. Though you would have lost those things. Your call.

#2 Roman Garms, Jan 8, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Twitch Axis

Twitch Axis
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for the reply.

I had already cleared my cache and that didn't work, however deleting the contents of my levels folder seemed to have fixed the issue. I forgot that levels folder existed! Thanks again, I appreciate it.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice