1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.32 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

No matter what, Mutilseat only controls the car I am on.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by AshtonGamerYT, Jan 20, 2019.

1. AshtonGamerYT

AshtonGamerYT
    Expand Collapse

(continuing from the title) Even if the car I am on is player 1 and the other one is player 2, my keyboard AND steering wheel only control the car I am using/player 1
    Latest version of BeamNG.Drive

2. AshtonGamerYT

AshtonGamerYT
    Expand Collapse

Does anyone know?

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What controller? (exact model)
    Are you using third-party programs to make it work?

Also, if you use Multiseat, you should see 'Player 1/2' tags over the vehicle.
    Do you the tags on each vehicle, or them on the same vehicle? If the latter, what if you press TAB on your keyboard?

4. AshtonGamerYT

AshtonGamerYT
    Expand Collapse

Tags are on both vehicles. I have a older steering wheel though. Thrustmaster Ferrari Red Legend. Also, mutilseat has worked before. I want my keyboard to control one of the cars and my steering wheel the other. But, even if tags are on both of the vehicles, the steering wheel and keyboard only control the one I am on. I should note, my steering wheel DOES work in BeamNG, so it works just fine, including buttons. I am using the official driver from Thrustmaster for the steering wheel. I am not using third-party programs and are mapping the keys inside BeamNG.

5. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

If you press the 'tilde' key you can bring up the console and check some logs there.

Whenever you switch to another vehicle, you'll see a line containing "Assigned players". Afterwards you can see each input device and what player number (starting at zero) it has been assigned to. E.g. mouse0=0, xinput2=1, wheel0=0 would mean the first player is using the mouse and steering wheel, and the second player is using an xbox gamepad (xinput).

It's possible you have several unconfigured devices plugged in, and the steering wheel happens to be distributed to the same player as keyboard. The log line above should shed some light.

6. AshtonGamerYT

AshtonGamerYT
    Expand Collapse

OK, let me try that.
    edit: oof, I forgot that I was using a third-party program for my steering wheel for another game. I will disable it and try again

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice