1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

NO sound at all?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by johnasdalboe, Jul 13, 2018.

1. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

Hi folks. I have absolutely no sound in my BeamNG.drive? Haven't had for like 2 months, but wouldn't waste your time, so tried to figure it out myself, with NO result. have tried everything there is to try, but please try to hit me up with a solution anyways, I am desperate for help :-(

2. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

Mods enabled? If yes, try without them. If it still persists, try this: https://wiki.beamng.com/BeamNG_FAQ#How_do_I_perform_a_clean_reinstall.3F

3. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

4. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

37398 is the support id

5. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

The game is not seeing any audio hardware to use.
    Please try to delete your 'settings' folder in Documents/BeamNG.drive and check again.
    If persists, try to reinstall your audio drivers, which has commonly solved similar issues.

6. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

How do I reinstall my audio drivers exactly? i really appriciate your help, i will let you know that :)
    --- Post updated ---
    I found out how to do that, but it didn't work :-(

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

You tried to delete the settings folder too?

8. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

Yes exactly, and it hasn't worked. :-(

9. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

How did you install your audio drivers exactly?
    Also, what kind of audio device you have? (speakers? headphones? etc.. How is it connected?)

10. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

i found i guide to do it on ugetfix.com:
    1. Press Windows key + R to open Run dialog.
    2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter
    3. OR right-click on Windows key and select Device Manager
    4. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers
    5. Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and select Uninstall
    6. If you are asked for a confirmation, mark the box next to Delete the driver software for this device and press OK
    7. Reboot your PC
    8. After that, open Device Manager as explained in the steps 1-3
    9. Expand the Sound, video and game controllers again
    10. Right-click on the Realtek High Definition Audio Driver and click Scan for hardware changes
    11. If the system fails to detect the missing driver and install its latest version automatically, you’ll have to navigate to the official Realtek website and download the latest version of the Audio Driver corresponding with you Windows 10 type (32 or 64 bit
    I did exactly like it said, and that hasn't worked either. :-(
    I have a big sound system, which is just plugged into my pc, by AUX. Everything else works: games, youtube, spotify, facebook, everything except Beam NG.

11. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Did you what point 11 said? (downloading the newest drivers)

12. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

Yes, i just did that as well. No result either :-( I'm really curious about what the problem is, because i dont see other in the forum, having these troubles with the sound...

13. JonasTMT

JonasTMT
    Expand Collapse

It may sound like a stupid question, and I may have overread something, but does the game 'see' (detect) your audio device?

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

It does and doesn't.
    It does list the device, but it does not use it (the game uses whatever it's set on Windows in 0.13)

@johnasdalboe
    Could you please make sure your game is up to date to version 0.13, and delete the 'settings' folder in Documents/BeamNG.drive and then check again?
    If persists, give another Support ID please: https://wiki.beamng.com/Support#A_developer_asked_for_a_Support_ID

15. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

The game is from Steam and it is 100% version 0.13, and I tried to do what you asked, but it didnt help anything :-( I dont know if its normal, but in "audio provider" i cant choose anything else than "FMOD". Here is the support id: 37575.

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

For some reason we did not receive the files we needed.
    Can you send another Support ID? (as well make sure that your antivirus/firewall is not blocking the support tool)

17. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

The new ticket is 37572

18. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I was confirmed that there is no audio errors in your logs (unlike I said earlier)
    The game is loading sounds fine and is using 'Speakers (Realtek High Definition Audio)'.

Do you have any third-party programs that manages audio for you? (maybe some software that came with your device?)

19. johnasdalboe

johnasdalboe
    Expand Collapse

Now i have deleted 10-15 programs that i dont know, or not use anymore. After that, i opened up Driver Booster, and updated the 'sound, video and game controllers' from realtek. Then i restarted my computer, and tried to start the game up. Still no sound...

20. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid there is only that much I can assist here unfortunately.
    If the problem was actually coming from the game, then it would have been probably easier for everybody.
    But since the logs literally have no sign of anything in the sounds not working (they would it it was the case), I can only suggest you to look into all the 'external' programs and things like that than can be conflicting with the game.

I would also not trust these third-party 'driver updating' softwares over getting the drivers myself from the producer's website.
    If you can/have the possibility, doing a Windows reinstall/formatting may really help you.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice