Node/Beam Budget for Gabester

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Fireboyd78, Jan 21, 2015.

1. vladmir poopin

vladmir poopin
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

haha you have the prob as me lol alls good and then theres the gpu

2. KennyWah

KennyWah
    Expand Collapse

dd6aa563b6.png

Do you mean 1920x1080 [1080P]​

- - - Updated - - -

That would be like how consoles sometimes dumb down the full potential of video games today.

3. Dummiesman

Dummiesman
    Expand Collapse

Was about to say "Wasn't it you saying my PC is crap?" but no, that was Dummiesboy (dunno if anyone here knows him) :p

I run the same FPS as you, this game is just that special case that requires a very good CPU to run it. I've just accepted that fact and play to the best I can :)

4. Aboroath

Aboroath
    Expand Collapse

What Gabe said. Having low beam/node count would essentially turn beam into a lego game. I for one dream of a car with MORE beams/nodes. I feel for
    people who can't afford decent machines, BeamNG is technology that defies and spits in the face of consumer norms.

5. Potato

Potato
    Expand Collapse

No.
    If you want to play the game smoothly, buy a nicer computer. Don't take away the fun from the people with good computers because you've got a bad computer.
    I play the game on an ~8 year old intel dual core with a gt610. Talk about not being able to play the game smoothly. :|

6. dmtactical

dmtactical
    Expand Collapse

I agree with this idea but I'd rather just see some good mod tools. The reason I started modding Rigs of Rods was because I was very unhappy with the excessive use of beams in most content, I personally felt that content with less than half the beams could be just as enjoyable so I made my own. And more importantly, even if a computer can run a fancy structure at 100fps, things change when you add more of them. I would much rather play with 5 cars on a 100 node budget than one car on a 500 node budget. And don't get me started on the more complex wheels lol, sure the simple wheels sucked but towing 5 trailers without a significant fps drop was sure fun. Just before I left Rigs of Rods I was working on a road train that used a single wheel per axle to allow more trailers with less fps impact. Most of the time you could barely tell the difference between that and having two separate wheels.
    I hope to get around to modding BeamNG eventually but so far I haven't see the features that drew me into Rigs of Rods. I'm trying to learn the import/export process just in case.

#26 dmtactical, Jan 27, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  7. SixSixSevenSeven

SixSixSevenSeven
    Expand Collapse

You'll all notice that the poly/beam density is consistent across vehicles already....

Actual counts, no, but that's because the vehicles are genuinely different sizes.

8. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

What do you expect? A Truck that has as many beams/nodes as a trike?
    That would'nt make the game any better at all.

And the fact that you're running this on two monitors doesn't make it better.

9. 14ramosr

14ramosr
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this has been established. Can we just let this thread die now?

10. ast5515

ast5515
    Expand Collapse

People, there is NO such thing as a gaming laptop. Whatever the marketing guys tell you, you cannot make a laptop with powerful hardware while keeping it cool. You know how big a desktop CPU cooler is right? Now that's keeping stuff cool, but it doesn't fit into a laptop.
    So what does this mean? You can put a freakin 5960X into a laptop, it will run at 1.5 ghz due to overheating and throttling down, resulting in the performance being comparable to a pile of crap.
    Same goes for laptop GPUs.

11. Shadowdragon94

Shadowdragon94
    Expand Collapse

if you got FPS problems,turn doown your resolution,it worked on my PC

i now get 20 fps on East coast USA,20 fps isnt that bad for me,i dont notice the jiddering on it at all
    on gridmap with a D15 i get a good 60 fps,and my settings are maxed out too

12. vmlinuz

vmlinuz
    Expand Collapse

^^^^^^

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice