1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

Node editor creates unwanted nodes and wont let me move/delete

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by Calais, Aug 13, 2016.

1. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

I'm currently trying to get my T75 Cabover in-game but I've stumbled across a problem and I cant get my head around it.

The video below shows the issue.

The nodes that wont budge are the shackles of the front suspension. This is especially annoying as if it worked the front suspension would be fine.

2. SuperNoob05

SuperNoob05
    Expand Collapse

I think I had this problem before with the NBE. You need to save the jbeam first, then refresh. For saving the jbeam, it's better to copy paste the code from the NBE directly instead of letting it do it on its own, because that way, you can keep proper formatting, whilst the output of the NBE is just one continues string of information without any real formatting. It works perfectly fine that way too, but is harder to work on later on because of that.

3. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Thanks for your reply but saving it then refreshing it just makes it so nothing moves and its in its original position, not the position i want it.

4. Bernd

Bernd
    Expand Collapse

The nodes that cause the problem must be defined two or more times in the jbeam. Let's say you have a normal and a sport suspension in there having a "c1l" node, the NBE reads both "c1l" nodes. When you edit the position of those nodes only the nodes in the first normal suspension get edited, the ones in the following sport suspension don't.
    Pressing refresh afterwards makes both nodes visible, if you turn on "show node names" you'll see that there a nodes with the same name.
    All you got to do is search for the nodes that come up two times in the jbeam and copy the positions over from the first appearance to the others.
    Edit: another reason might be that you have opened the jbeam twice.
    Good luck with the project, looking forward to it :).
    --- Post updated ---
    Saving directly form the NBE always worked fine for me, including keeping formatting.

#4 Bernd, Aug 13, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Calais

Calais
    Expand Collapse

Thank you that's fixed it :)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice