Non-American Service Vehicle Configurations

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by EruptionTyphlosion, Jul 8, 2019.

?

Should BeamNG focus on Non-American vehicle configurations until there are a reasonable amount?

1. Yes

75.0%
  2. No

25.0%
  1. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Most BeamNG maps were set within the United States, until recently. With the two most recent maps set outside the states, one would assume that BeamNG would attempt to make service vehicle configurations that would fit the new maps. This seems to not have been the case. The vast majority of service vehicle configurations are for the United States.

(I am defining "Service Vehicle" as both government and commercial vehicles)

In regards to other nations:
    • Italy - Only two police cars, both being impractical, and @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL pointed out that they would be parade cars in real life rather than patrol vehicles.
    • New Zealand - No configurations whatsoever.
    • Germany - Two police cars. There is a German map, the ETK Driver Experience Center, but it is very small, thus it does not really need any map-specific configurations.
    • France - One police car. Strangely enough there is no French map, yet a French police car.
    This means, besides these five configurations, all other service configurations are designed for the United States. This means that there are only American taxis, busses, delivery vehicles, fire/EMS vehicles, amongst others.

The big gaps location wise are New Zealand and Italy. The Automation Test Track, set in New Zealand, is the same size as West Coast, USA, and Italy is four times the size of that. It is disappointing that the vehicle configurations have not kept up with the locations.

Service Vehicle Ideas List:

Italy:
    Polizia di Stato ETK 800 Series: There is not a practical Italian police car in BeamNG (The two current cars are parade vehicles). The real life Polizia di Stato use BMW station wagons, and the ETK 800 series would be the BeamNG counterpart.

Corpo Forestale Ibishu Hopper: Suggested by @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL for the mountainous portions of the map.

Carabinieri Ibishu Hopper: Suggested by @FLyInG 2 YoUr SoUL, as similar SUVs are in use. "Could come in either blue or green liveries. Green one could be a generic Army version also suitable for Italy (see attachment, based on the regular Offroad version, Army Green with hardtop and auxiliary lights, all stock parts), or get a proper Carabinieri skin with white lettering on the sides and beacons on the roof".

New Zealand:
    New Zealand Police Ibishu Pessima: The New Zealand Police used the Nissan Maxima in the past, and the 2nd Generation Ibishu Pessima would be the closest vehicle in game to the Maxima. There are no New Zealand Police cars in game, and this leaves the Automation Test Track map without any law enforcement whatsoever.

This is not a thread to spam configuration requests, so I'll set some ground rules:
    • Only suggest configurations for Italy and New Zealand. If, for some reason a major new official non-American map is announced in the near future, you can add configurations for that too. (The ETK map is very small, thus it does not really need any map-specific configurations.)
    • Please be realistic with in-game vehicles and real life counterparts, and only suggest realistic options. For example, a Gavril Grand Marshal for an Italian police car is unrealistic, but an ETK 800 would be realistic.
    • I openly encourage people with familiarity, or even better members from the countries in question to suggest configurations, as they would likely have a better idea of what would be realistic/reasonable than most.
    • Please provide a picture of the real life vehicle and description of the configuration and the reason it would be realistic so I can add it to the list above.

If you have any configuration suggestions, please post them below so that I can add them to the list above! :)

#1 EruptionTyphlosion, Jul 8, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

I'm gonna bump this, solely because I believe that this is a pretty major issue that needs to be discussed.

3. Deleted member 160369

Deleted member 160369
    Expand Collapse

A simple Carabinieri Hopper could work pretty well too. Italy generally adopted Land Rover Defenders, but japanese off-roaders are not unheard of.

Could come in either blue or green liveries. Green one could be a generic Army version also suitable for Italy (see attachment, based on the regular Offroad version, Army Green with hardtop and auxiliary lights, all stock parts), or get a proper Carabinieri skin with white lettering on the sides and beacons on the roof:

A Corpo Forestale vehicle could be a nice addition too, for the mountainous areas of the Italy map:

Attached Files:

• hopper_army.png
    • Like Like x 1
  4. esesel

esesel
    Expand Collapse

Id love to see a european ems van, the problem tho is that european ones mostly dont have these boxes, but rather high roof versions of regular vans

Attached Files:

• 2017_Mercedes-Benz_Sprinter_W_906_313_CDI_MWB_van_St_John_Ambulance_2017-12-09.jpg
    • image.jpg
  5. SuperShep1

SuperShep1
    Expand Collapse

could we maybe have like a landrover facelift for the hopper if theres a euro spec version?

6. 98crownvic

98crownvic
    Expand Collapse

I agree that it could be nice to have more non-American service vehicles, although I also think the game lacks some American vehicles too. I think it'd be nice to have a tow truck D-Series (I'm aware somebody made one, I just wish it wasn't outdated and we actually had an official one), or maybe a heavier-duty type of fleet/service truck thing like pictured:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

Added to the main post, thanks! :)
    --- Post updated ---
    There are some major gaps in the American service vehicle list, which I believe many of them could be fixed with an International 4700's esque truck. However, there are many more gaps in the non-American segment of the game, and that is why I'm choosing to focus on it.

8. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

I'm going to go ahead and immediately break that "Italy/New Zealand only" rule. I think German police cars look cool, and the ETK test center at least has some highways and it is at least possible, albiet unlikely, to expanded the map. Besides, we have the french police car, so German suggestions are already more useful than one official car.

There's a few ETK I-Series configs I would like to see, notably for this thread a police and taxi config.

upload_2019-7-9_12-33-58.jpeg
    upload_2019-7-9_12-37-44.jpeg

9. EruptionTyphlosion

EruptionTyphlosion
    Expand Collapse

*There are two official German Police Vehicles, not one.

Also, I think this design for the facelifted I series would be more accurate:

Yes, I think that if there is a sizable German map, those would be fine additions, but as of now I'm not adding them to the list.

10. Kreunz

Kreunz
    Expand Collapse

yeah it would be nice. Meanwhile however there are really good mods that add them, like Eleanors EC skins.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice