Northern Lights map development footage

Discussion in 'Videos, Screenshots and other Artwork' started by HighDef, Jun 17, 2018.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

I have started work on a 5 mile sq 2 meter pixel heightmap generated by L3DT. I will post progress pictures here.

I have auto painted it grass with some grass ground cover and used the height limiter on the auto paint to put in all the beaches and then the angle limiter on the auto paint to add the rock texture to cliffs and very steep hills. I used about 5 forest brushes from Jungle Rock Island (base level for this project) and used a max size brush (150) at 5% strength to add trees rocks bushes and vines to almost all of the grass land above water.

Next I will do some off road expeditions in an off-road Roamer and seek out a suitable site for the first airport. I can always make one fit but I would rather set them up where it looks like it makes sense. Also will be looking for good places to put in docks for boats.

• Like Like x 3
  2. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Got the first scenario in.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ytrewq

Ytrewq
    Expand Collapse

Will the map have actual northern lights?

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice