WIP Beta released Northern Lights 0.5.4

A heightmap generated tropical island map for boat, plane and off-road car scenarios.

1. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

HighDef submitted a new resource:

Northern Lights - A heightmap generated tropical island map for boat plane and off-road car scenarios.

Read more about this resource...

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xelerate

Xelerate
    Expand Collapse

How do you put these into BeamNG? I want to make my own offroady map (I've already made the map in L3DT) i just don't know to put it in Beam.

3. HighDef

HighDef
    Expand Collapse
    Game Design, QA and burnouts.
    BeamNG Team

Make sure that it is 512x512 or 1024x1024 or 2048x2048 in size. Bigger will be bigger (just to clarify). Put it into your level folder. Make sure you have followed the first episode ( https://www.beamng.com/threads/highly-recommended-modding-tutorial-series.55534/ ) on how to prepare a blank level and then click file/import heightmap browse the file and set the overall height and meters per pixel (more meters means lower resolution but much bigger terrain) then select the terrain editor and then click the terrain tab at the top and click smooth terrain about 5-10 times. Then paint :)
    --- Post updated ---
    Marked out the main roads last night. (roughly)

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice