1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 Crashing

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by FenderBenderTV, Dec 7, 2021.

1. FenderBenderTV

FenderBenderTV
    Expand Collapse

Today I was playing BeamNG, on the desolate grid map when my FPS dropped from 55-60 to 5-6 and stayed there, I tried every trick in the books including reinstalling everything, but still, I get 5-6 FPS across every map. The strange thing is though, I also get 5-6 FPS on all other games I play. (DIRT 4, Automation, Minecraft.) Does anyone know what is going on?

2. henryjhost

henryjhost
    Expand Collapse

Try reinstalling your GPU drivers. I would also check GPU temps, the card might be overheating.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JoshD

JoshD
    Expand Collapse

Look up DDU (Display Driver Uninstaller). Make sure to follow the instructions, it will completely clear out any old driver files/settings that might be causing problems.

4. 87fordmustang

87fordmustang
    Expand Collapse

I had similar issues with my GTX 1060. There is a thread a few pages down about this happening (major FPS drop) even with someone's RTX 3080. Here is what I found (my response) and the fix worked for me:
    Do you have Citrix Workspace installed? I noticed I had a new Display Adapter when looking through the device manager trying to figure out my issues with low FPS; found one added named "Citrix Indirect Display Adapter". I did some searching and found that the Citrix Workspace app (which is where the new adapter came from) can cause many issues with gaming performance (link). I uninstalled it (the Citrix App) and it fixed my problems. I am now back up to 60 FPS from 7-10 FPS. I reinstalled Citrix using CMD Prompt per the steps shown in the link above and still do not have any issues (55-60FPS) Hope this helps.

5. FenderBenderTV

FenderBenderTV
    Expand Collapse

I got my PC in August and I have nothing other than blender, paint and a few Nvidia recording softwares, I do however have Afterburner installed on my PC and I'm wondering if that my be the cause.

6. BilasBalas

BilasBalas
    Expand Collapse

I also have a 1060 but mine is 3gb and I've experienced a huge fps drop... I tried everything.

7. 87fordmustang

87fordmustang
    Expand Collapse

When I was diagnosing my issues, I went in to Steam's Big Picture Mode-> Settings -> System to see what video card was being selected. For whatever reason, the "Citrix Indirect Display Adapter" was selected even though all of my settings I had in Windows and the NVIDIA control panel was set to select my GTX. I would check this to see what your system is using for the video card during gaming.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice