objects moving in maps

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Carbunny2, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Carbunny2

Carbunny2
    Expand Collapse

I found a map called sandy mountain, which was made by nadeox1, and it had a opening garage, I asked if this means we could have a super monkey ball (a game on the game cube where you play as a monkey in a ball trying to get through each stage) map, hence map objects can move. One guy told me no. :mad: Maybe the developers can add a tool to the map editor where you can add moving objects?

EDIT: Question removed to discuss such a concept.

Lets talk on this idea... I know on thing... tricky platformers and crushers would be made...

#1 Carbunny2, Aug 19, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

No, it's not possible.
    If you try to hit the doors on my map, you will see they have no collision.
    That's because you cannot have an animated 'static' object with animated collisions.
    Static collisions are.. static.

3. bob.blunderton

bob.blunderton
    Expand Collapse

You could make a vehicle with a very simplistic jbeam, to where 10~20 of these could run on one core, to do what @Carbunny2 needs. Much like the pianos, or the couches in the prop-pack. I can run 20 pianos with a T-series on my 4790k @ 4.4ghz all-cores and 2400mhz ddr3 dual channel cas-11 (fast ram helps physics a lot), and still have well beyond 60fps map/gpu dependent.

Crushers, props, etc, could all be run on a 'core' itself. Obviously too many of them would bog the game but you could still make many things with it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice