Oculus Rift Integration

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by BabyFaceCat, Aug 6, 2012.

1. BabyFaceCat

BabyFaceCat
    Expand Collapse

Would it be possible to integrate the Oculus rift into your game. It would be awesome to be able to drive first person in a car with real physics and actually having it integrated. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1523379957/oculus-rift-step-into-the-game
    Maybe setup a donation page so that anyone that would like to see it integrated could donate so that you would be able to buy a dev kit. I know I would. it would probably be good for your game as well because you would probably be one of the first games to support the Oculus Rift.

2. juju

juju
    Expand Collapse

Yeah that would be awesome

3. Creeper

Creeper
    Expand Collapse

Seems legit.

;)

4. dewasha

dewasha
    Expand Collapse

I think before adapting to any site first will have to be at least released the demo for the time you want to adapt if nothing is created? I think it is too early to adjust things to beamNG beamNG or other things ...

5. lex4bin

lex4bin
    Expand Collapse

I believe that the Rift is the thing that will finally get VR off the ground. I have had/used other HMDs and they left a LOT to be desired, mainly in resolution, weight, and field of view.
    The development kits are about to ship and it would be a definite plus for sales since the Rift doesn't have a lot of games for it yet. Plus it should be easy from what I hear.

Alex Forbin

6. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

we ordered the dev kit, so keep fingers crossed :)

7. Kamil_

Kamil_
    Expand Collapse

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D !!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. BabyFaceCat

BabyFaceCat
    Expand Collapse

Awesome news, I hope everything is going well for you guys. Also I hope you are making backups as it was horrible with Project Zomboid when they lost months of work.

9. oophus

oophus
    Expand Collapse

How does that work? Aren't you then forced to optimize the game to render out two monitors at the same time?

I at least know I hate to render out commercial stuff to work in 3D theaters. Double the amount of rendertime, and post-production work almost.

10. tdev

tdev
    Expand Collapse
    Developer
    BeamNG Team

Sure, there will be some code work required

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice