WIP Beta released Offroad Barstow (All new suspension)

Discussion in 'Land' started by CrashHard, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Alex_Farmer557

Alex_Farmer557
    Expand Collapse

Released on my birthday lol.

2. marijn123@lol

marijn123@lol
    Expand Collapse

he isnt release yet

3. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Thank you everyone for the kind words :D
    It is uploaded, now we all just have to wait for it to be approved, so hang in there gang :)

That being said,
    I have found a bug I can`t fix in the mod (and it driving me crazy)
    - The Roll cage in the cab of the car messes up the AI so they drive slower (messes with the engine or something) and the AI brake much later so they crash a lot. When I remove The roll cage, everything is fine again. It makes no sense.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

I don't really know much about how the AI works, or modding in general, but could it be something related to the extra weight of the roll cage?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Holographicaly

Holographicaly
    Expand Collapse

Exactly how much does the cage weigh?

#125 Holographicaly, Dec 10, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  6. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

192Kg, the the whole car fully loaded is 3200Kg

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Holographicaly

Holographicaly
    Expand Collapse

idk my little research said a 10 point roll cage is about 49 to 72kg and you have a hole body cage so about double that so idk that seems to be correct.
    --- Post updated ---
    and also because we all waited so well, a pre release beta would be nice, not to beg just putting ideas in your head :D

8. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

it will be released, when they approve it, it is uploaded

9. Kuthlive

Kuthlive
    Expand Collapse

it would be nice if you could sometime go back to the burnside and moonhawk mods that you made, as well as this one for the barstow, and make things like the cages/chassis reinforcements compatible with the standard cars.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. KèrozéN

KèrozéN
    Expand Collapse

so many details that beautiful!
    I just have one question, how many poly/tris does it have ? (for the new parts)

11. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

Say, what do you think of this?

screenshot_00295.png

I made this for personal use in anticipation of the offroad Barstow, but I was wondering if you would be interested in releasing it as part of the mod.

screenshot_00293.png screenshot_00292.png
    It's fully colourable, with the "testing" lettering able to be turned on and off with the third colour selector:
    screenshot_00294.png

#131 YellowRusty, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  12. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

That is nice man :) but a bit to late :p why not release it as a mod for the Barstow :)

13. YellowRusty

YellowRusty
    Expand Collapse

I could release it as a stand-alone mod, but I think the big "CH-01" might be a dead giveaway

screenshot_00298.png

Given that there will probably be an update or hotfix at some point, we could include the skin then. I understand if you'd rather not have it though.

Speaking of hotfixes, there's an interesting bug where the standard grille falls out every time it's installed:
    screenshot_00299.png

And you may want to check up on the transmissions too. There's some sort of strange motion going on.

14. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

yes I have to add an update, I see some shaking in the back and cab rollcage, so just send it over, and I can try to add it :)

And the grill do not belong on the rollcage version, only the one I have made, it have to fit with the form of the hood that is for the rollcage version.

And using other engines and gearboxes have some trouble with it, you have to use the rear wheel drive transfercase to make it work.

#134 CrashHard, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2017
  15. Arioh

Arioh
    Expand Collapse

Great mod, Barstow now became real monster, so fun to jump around... But can i leave a little request?
    Is there a chance for colorable rollcages and bumpers? (preferally separated from main color)
    And is it possible to have fake plastic trunk with spoiler (like on road barstow) and rear louvers to conceal radiator from naked eye?
    I think that with such modifications it will be a badass....

16. Crazyjr

Crazyjr
    Expand Collapse

I downloaded this mod twice, i can't find the car anywhere. Not in the list or the lot pics, would love to try it, but no amount of clearing chache or re DL'ing is helping

Edit: never mind, i thought it was a Moonhawk mod. Pulled an all-nighter and too tired to read, very sorry, i'm an idiot

17. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

Haha it can happen to anyone, good you got it to work :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. bobyb55

bobyb55
    Expand Collapse

Awesome! i just wish it had a 6 lug option and better low range. feels like im still in high with the 4L. and the front driveshaft flops around but overall you killed it! one of m favorite mods!

#138 bobyb55, Dec 12, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
  19. CrashHard

CrashHard
    Expand Collapse

I will try to add that :) And if you use other engines and gearboxes than the offroad engine I have in the mod, it will mess up the transfercase/gearbox, (I have added some more nodes to the gearbox, for it to come loose from the engine)
    --- Post updated ---
    Hey again, have added your skin, looks great, thanks again for making it :D (will be out in the next mod update)
    Offroad_barstow_YellowRusty.jpg

20. Holographicaly

Holographicaly
    Expand Collapse

I have to agree with the last post, all this mod needs is more lugs and maybe just a super striped version that's just a roll cage with a engine. And don't forget luvers and headers straight out of the hood, ones that end at one pipe not straight pipes that just 8 pipes, if that makes any logic

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice