Outdated Offroad Hopper Mega Pack (UPDATED 07/12/17)

Discussion in 'Land' started by JackLumba, Apr 16, 2017.

?

What tire size do you prefer?

1. 35 inch

7.9%
  2. 38 inch

8.5%
  3. 40 inch

9.4%
  4. 44 inch

71.8%
  5. Other? (Just comment)

2.4%
  1. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

I just got a second job, therefore I have no spare time to work on this project anymore. I didn't want to deceive anyone by just quitting so I found somebody to replace me. Huge thanks to @hog0005) for keeping this mod alive.

As we all know, the hopper's real life cousin, the jeep, is a pretty good offroad vehicle. One of my favorites. Unfortunately it is lacking a lot of offroad accessories that we all like.

This pack contains any offroading parts you could ever imagine. I could make a parts list, but it would take me forever to list everything and I would probably forget a lot of parts. To know all the parts in this pack, it would be easier just to try it.

Here are just a few parts I can remember:

50 and 46 inch LED bars
    6 and 8 lug conversion
    4.5, 5.5 and 7.0 v8 from original beamng cars, with their superchargers
    t-series's engine, with all original turbos + a custom "T1000R" pushing around 160 psi, + custom sound
    Rollcage with spare tire mount
    Luggage (gas cans, bags, toolbox, jack, sleeping bags, compressor. available in the "rear seats" slot)
    Offroad bumpers (lots of them)
    Comp cut fenders
    2 types of fender flares
    5 different suspensions (and lots of different wheelbase lengths)
    independent all wheel steering
    Fuel cell
    Axle trusses
    7 different transfer cases
    8 different differential ratios
    Military skin
    Exocage
    Custom snorkel (with pod filter)
    Race dash with Racepak gauges (digital gauge not set up yet, will need help)
    Cut hood (to fit the barstow's supercharger)
    5 body styles (comp cut, short, short with cut corners, ute, 6x6)
    5 frames (high lift,4 link, truggy, rockbouncer, 6x6)
    New wheels and tires, some are pretty special

But there is way more stuff to come, like:

Beadlocks
    Jeep yj or tj front end (will try to make it look as close as i can)
    More offroad bumpers
    1 more exocage
    Roof rack
    Tube doors
    Rock sliders
    Planetary hubs
    Angry eyes headlights
    Long travel prerunner style suspension (done, someone else working on jbeam for me)
    Cut fenders (1 more set)
    round fenders
    roof for rock bouncer/sand buggy
    Different configs with different suspensions and body styles
    weight ballasts for more stability while climbing steep hills or accelerating quickly
    And way more parts that i can't even remember

For more pictures and info on development, read the thread.

Huge thanks to @crashmaster (jbeam expert), @Darren9 (6 inch lift), @CaptanW, @Taza, @MisterKenneth, @rrrrrrrrr9 @Mythbuster, @Reactor_4aec, @Kona61 and @hog0005 (Suspension magician)
    Without you guys all this would've taken me months to complete!

Feel free to message me if you want to participate in this or have any models i could use. And as always, any suggestions would be appreciated ;)

Attached Files:

#1 JackLumba, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: May 8, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
  2. RelentlessGaming

RelentlessGaming
    Expand Collapse

yall are quick on getting stuff for the new Hopper. I think your idea will be one of the best mods out there

• Agree Agree x 12
  3. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

Good luck my friend. :D I really hope this works out. Would love a new amazing off roader.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Do you think you could make the Wrangler grill into the Hopper and call it a Jeep? Then we could make it look like the pictures.

#4 Rainvest, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

unfortunately if i ever want to get this mod on the repo i would have to hide all brand names and make fake names for them, i could make a grill that looks similar but i wouldnt be allowed to add any "jeep" or "wrangler" logos anywhere

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rainvest

Rainvest
    Expand Collapse

Or just upload a different version to the forums. Then release the unbranded Wrangler or Ibishu hopper one to the mods section.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Gasoline_boy 2

Gasoline_boy 2
    Expand Collapse

love the whole idea i would love to see a city slicker version to full country and something you would see off of diesel brothers

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

I will definitely take a look at diesel brothers for more ideas

• Like Like x 4
  9. DirtBikeDevil33

DirtBikeDevil33
    Expand Collapse

One thing i would like to see before tires any bigger then 40's is a body lift

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

Yes, the 4 link suspension should be higher than the stock one when jbeam is fnished, i am using the model from the cherokee, but i mighg change to the dw crawler if the jbeam for the cherokee is too complicated, me and my friend can do body jbeam and some parts, but we're pretty much useless for suspension

#10 JackLumba, Apr 16, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2017
  11. 2000ToyotaCorolla

2000ToyotaCorolla
    Expand Collapse

nice cant wait

• Like Like x 1
  12. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

since @adrian2013 is already working on a 4 link suspension, i will stop working on mine, he probably knows suspensions better than I do.

13. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Larger tires are going to need a bigger lift or modification to the bodywork to fit. The rear tires get extremely close the rear fenders and don't have a lot of room for flexing

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

I got 38 inch tires to fit without any problem, but i will try to make a body lift or maybe trim the rear wheel wells, if you need a better suspension you should look at @adrian2013's work, i gave up on my suspension because he is making one
    --- Post updated ---
    44 inch tires are now at 44 votes, i will make this happen no matter what it takes.
    Screenshot_2017-04-16-13-08-56.png

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. JoshTheAwesome

JoshTheAwesome
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

55 Inch. If possiible

• Like Like x 3
  16. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

44 inch tires are now at 44 votes, i will make this happen no matter what it takes
    Hoooly crap, now that will be a hard one, but i will try. I can't promise anything, i am releasing the beta friday and it probably wont have the 55's, but maybe when i update in a few weeks i should have more parts done. Unfortunately i can't work on anything today because it's easter and i have other things to do, but i will get back to work later tonight.

• Like Like x 1
  17. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

@opkraut's right IMO. FYI 31in tires hit the wheelwell in the official content (not just the plastic fender flares). The attached picture of a green Hopper on 31's is using the official "Custom" config. It shows a position I slowly drove into - not a "bounce" or "node grabber" screenshot. As you can clearly see, a big chunk of tire is already clipping into the body.

The attached pictures of an orange Hopper are using the official "Custom" config but equipped with 35in tires. In two pictures I've "flexed out" the vehicle using the node grabber to lift one front and one rear tire. You can clearly see that the rear tire is eating the wheelwell... 5 of 9 fender attachment points are inside the tire. The front doesn't really fare any better - the entire top of the wheelwell is inside the tire. The last picture is a closeup of this vehicle on sitting flat on flat ground (Gridmap) - the rear 35in tire is actually still hitting the bodywork!

EDIT: FWIW a "comp cut" is often performed on offroad vehicles in order to fit larger tires.

Attached Files:

• upload_2017-4-16_12-27-40.png
    • screenshot_00112.png
    • screenshot_00111.png
    • screenshot_00115.png
    • Like Like x 1
  18. fufsgfen

fufsgfen
    Expand Collapse

You should of seen ETKi I put 35 inch tires on, rally suspension was not quite enough to clear wheel wells...

Hopper needs serious lift to fit anything decent under it.

19. torsion

torsion
    Expand Collapse

IRL I believe that the normal solution would be comp cuts plus at least a small wheelbase extension.

20. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

trying not to post spoilers of the mod right now because it's still in early development, but here are 38 inch tires on the hopper, as you can see just minor cuts will be needed and i hope adrian's 4 link suspension will help make it a bit higher, if not, a body lift will be required. and yes, a "comp cut" will happen, just be patient. i know it clips a bit, but keep in mind these are 38's not 31's
    upload_2017-4-16_14-8-13.png upload_2017-4-16_14-8-48.png

Attached Files:

• IMG_0340.jpg
    • Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice