Outdated Offroad Hopper Mega Pack (UPDATED 07/12/17)

Discussion in 'Land' started by JackLumba, Apr 16, 2017.

?

What tire size do you prefer?

1. 35 inch

7.9%
  2. 38 inch

8.5%
  3. 40 inch

9.4%
  4. 44 inch

71.8%
  5. Other? (Just comment)

2.4%
  1. opkraut

opkraut
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

It would probably be good to remove all the broken stuff. It would definitely help the overall quality of the mod.
    And in case you haven't seen this: https://www.beamng.com/threads/spaced-out-wheel-spacers.39531/#post-597338 , It would be awesome if you could fix the wheels so they work with Torsion's wheel spacers

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. enjoyinorc6742

enjoyinorc6742
    Expand Collapse

clean it up and remove the buggy/not-complete parts. higher quality mods are the best

• Like Like x 1
  3. Nicktar2002

Nicktar2002
    Expand Collapse

Remove the broken stuff first. Fix the suspension stuff before anything else, please.
    --- Post updated ---
    The biggest problem right now is the rear ride height. That needs to be fixed first.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Kirakat

Kirakat
    Expand Collapse

------

Changed my mind, Yes, Removing all of the Buggy/broken stuff is second to fixing the Rear suspension problems. But Yes, Remove unfinished stuff, Fix it and put it in the pack the next update.

#464 Kirakat, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

6X6 HOPPER NOW AVAILABLE!!!
    LOTS OF CHANGES AND SMALL FIXES.
    LOTS MORE TO COME!
    I have removed quite a few parts for the time being that I think needed to be fixed, most will be back, some may just be replaced.

I'm trying hard to avoid bugs and problems between parts so a lot of slots have changed, especially hubs, the dana axles are now stable with all wheel types and the rear suspension height has been fixed.
    (I had left the springs commented out while setting the bump stops). :rolleyes:

The jbeams have been significantly cleaned up in an attempt to make future updates easier to manage as well as being very slightly quicker to load, (Not that you would notice due to the .dae size)

I do have a fix for the tank tracks that JackLumba sent me but I havent had a chance to get to the dozer stuff at all yet.

I know the 6x6 and 4 link frames are currently way too strong and lack visible driveshafts, I will be fixing that in the future but for now I just wanted to focus on making everything perform as well as I can. There is definitely room for improvement as far as the tuning side of things though, so if you end up with a really good config send it in and I'll include it with the pack.

Please let me know if you find any bugs or have any suggestions.

Happy hoppin' guys.;)

Attached Files:

6. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

Main threethings Ive found with the 6x6:
    1. Takes ages for any changes to load to the truck.
    2. Suspension bounces while just sitting
    3. The engine got starved of oil while just driving.
    Bonus: I raised front suspension to 67% (while using 10 lug wheel hubs) and after a bit, the suspension just falls down. Kinda hard to tell in the pic, but thats what it looks like before it squishes down.
    I should also say, I added all the parts from the menu. I just now found the 6x6 Beast, and this seems to working great so far.

#466 HumanTarget, May 7, 2017
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Razr7

Razr7
    Expand Collapse

(Really Stupid Question Incoming) Where I can find the DARN snorkel in the parts selector? I can't find it for the life of me. I would really appreciate it.

8. Classy Hat Doge

Classy Hat Doge
    Expand Collapse

It is located under the Front right fender drop down.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Nicktar2002

Nicktar2002
    Expand Collapse

Right fender
    --- Post updated ---
    As you keep loading the parts/resetting the Hopper, it will load faster. It has to be cached first. Does every engine including diesel get starved or is it just one?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

right fender should have a submenu like this:

snorkel.jpg
    --- Post updated ---

I will add the file to the first post to make it easier to find, thanks for all the work hog

• Like Like x 2
  11. Nicktar2002

Nicktar2002
    Expand Collapse

How's the new job going?
    --- Post updated ---

Why did you remove the Semi engine? It didn't have textures, but it was working.

• Like Like x 1
  12. JackLumba

JackLumba
    Expand Collapse

no idea why he removed it, i was wondering too..

• Like Like x 1
  13. superpickle100

superpickle100
    Expand Collapse

for some reason when i change from the 6×6 hopper to a regular size the camera doesn't change

• Like Like x 1
  14. HumanTarget

HumanTarget
    Expand Collapse

The camera position isnt decided by the size of the vehicles, someone has to manually set the distance.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Sorry to put you guys out by removing the T series engine, but I'm hoping that this will make up for it....
    Should be ready tonight or tomorrow morning, try to think of it like your baby is in the shop :D

Attached Files:

• 20170508174620_1.jpg
    • 20170508174633_1.jpg
    • 20170508174636_1.jpg
    • 20170508174658_1.jpg
  16. Peterbilt

Peterbilt
    Expand Collapse

Here's the reason why that engine has no business in a Jeep or Jeep-like vehicle.

Think about these numbers for example, a fully dressed CAT 3406 weighs near-as-makes-no-difference 3100 lbs, and the curb weight for a base TJ Wrangler is 3200 lbs.

That engine only weighs 100 lbs less than the whole Jeep.

Not to mention you'd need to stretch the frame a solid 3 or 4 feet just to fit it in there.

• Like Like x 1
  17. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Yeah the T series engine is a monster, no doubt, so I've scaled everything down to 60% to fit, this includes the power and weight.

Its probably not perfect but its good for shits and giggles atm.

Just fitting the scaled semi's engine, radiator and transmission add's nearly 1000kg, so it does have its draw backs, it has a much lower ride height and terrible stopping power with the standard brakes.

Basically it was gone for less than an hour and people weren't stoked, so bought it back with textures and a little realism.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Destructmen

Destructmen
    Expand Collapse

What a fantastic mod! Only one major complaint/bug. This mod seems to move vanilla Hopper's rear axle a bit to left from center? Is it only for me, or do anyone else have this issue too?
    And yes, I've cleared cache many times and tried without any other mods.

• Like Like x 1
  19. AndySchwarzenegger

AndySchwarzenegger
    Expand Collapse

Oh,man,i got to say ,you are incredible!!!The mods you make are amazing,especially the Hopper 6*6,the underpan is the coolest thing i ever see!Keep going!

• Like Like x 1
  20. hog0005

hog0005
    Expand Collapse

Hey Destructmen, I just had a look and noticed the same thing, I removed all mods and reloaded a vanilla game, as far I can tell it's being caused by the way the stock hoppers suspension geometry is set up. Its a problem with panhard located suspension in real vehicles as well.

Its normally corrected with an adjustable length bar and would only take a couple of minutes to make one in game that could be adjusted in the tuning menu if you wanted.

• Informative Informative x 2
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice