1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice
  3. Before reporting issues or bugs, please check the up-to-date Bug Reporting Thread for the current version.
    0.30 Bug Reporting thread
    Solutions and more information may already be available.

On multi-seat, I get 2 controllers on 1 vehicle

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting: Bugs, Questions and Support' started by TypicalToppings, May 25, 2019.

1. TypicalToppings

TypicalToppings
    Expand Collapse

the other vehicle is listed as active in multi-seat but it has no controller assigned to it, instead 2 controllers assigned to one car

upload_2019-5-24_23-16-15.png

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Try pressing TAB, it will cycle the main device (keyboard) to other vehicles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. TypicalToppings

TypicalToppings
    Expand Collapse

Ive tried that, but the weird thing is, that should work, but it just puts the 2 players on 1 car

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Uh?
    If you press TAB, both joystick and keyboard go to car #2?

5. TypicalToppings

TypicalToppings
    Expand Collapse

Yessiree, I don’t know why but it does, I’m on the go right now, but when I get home I’ll record a video so there is a better chance of this being solved

6. Austin_Skulls

Austin_Skulls
    Expand Collapse

any update?

7. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer & Global Moderator
    BeamNG Team

How can the issue be reproduced, what exact steps do you take to land on the screenshot of the original poster?

8. _Tanco

_Tanco
    Expand Collapse

I got this bug really often too, the controller n°2 just change the car he is assigned to, and get assigned to the other car, which makes 2 controllers on 1 car (the only way i found to fix it is just to reload the cars until the second controller chose the right car) it happens randomly and it makes almost impossible to use more than 2 cars. When you use 2 controllers you just need to reload the car of the controller n°1 and it will move the second controller to the other car, but when there is 3 cars for example, the controllers just choose randomly a car to control, so if every people want their own car it gets quickly annoying. Maybe i didn't understood how to assign a controller to a car ? But the bug where controllers change cars still happen quite often (and randomly)

9. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm afraid I would need a specific step-by-step procedure, rather than a general explanation, as I cannot reproduce the issue here. Steps including order of opening game, opening maps, enabling multiseat mode, plugging time of each device, possible keypresses you do, etc. :)

10. Crazy Killer

Crazy Killer
    Expand Collapse
    Banned

Aeight, i had the same problem. See i just click the BeamNG laucher every time i want to play it. Then when i load the gridmap, i wait until the loading screen disappeared. Then i spawn 2 cars (i've already plugged two controllers), then i go to settings, turn on the multiseat, then we can play together. Weirdly, when i drive my car, it seems my car drives weirdly. And i noticed that my friend's car doesn't seem to be moving but he actually drive my car too. Then i click 'R' and alt tab. It does fix the issue, but now i controlled my friend's car and my friend controlled my car. So it getting weird now... Then because it was too confusing, i decided to just switch controllers so we can drive the car we want.

11. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

I'm reworking the way multiseat assignment works, to make it a bit more logical and intuitive. All bugs I've found should be gone too. It will probably come with the next update :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
  12. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

So I have my keyboard and PS4 controller plugged in but they both stay with only one car or the other. Ive been messing with the controls and everything but it is still stuck. I have it set so when i press square on the PS4 controller it will switch to muli-seat but yet decides to freeze the car i click square on. plz help

13. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

What do you mean by 'freeze' exactly?
    Can you provide a video, it will help to better understand what is happening there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

Sorry but cant do with the video. But what happens is that the car is stuck, can no matter what you do it will not drive, turn on lights, honk the horn, etc. Until you press the square button or press tab and that will also undo it then its back to the beginning where you can only drive one car at a time.

Edit: i might be able to provide a video but cant guarantee it.

15. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

i cant seem to be able to post the video sorry, it just keeps showing the loading symbol

16. Leeloo

Leeloo
    Expand Collapse
    The Little Engine That Could
    BeamNG Team

Could you upload to YouTube or similar service and share a link here?

17. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

i think i got it to work here is the zip file to the video

As you can see i press the multiseat button and the truck freezes. very strange indeed

Attached Files:

18. stenyak

stenyak
    Expand Collapse
    BeamNG Team

This seems to be a bug that was fixed internally, and will be published with the next game update. Please let us know if it's still an issue after that (no ETA available for the next release).

19. trooperthegreat

trooperthegreat
    Expand Collapse

glad to help and thanks. :D

20. FastGamer13579

FastGamer13579
    Expand Collapse

It's the next update and I'm having the exact same issue as the people above.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice