Online lobby/server suggestion regarding mods

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by NinetyNine!, Jul 11, 2016.

1. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

Hi , i've got a suggestion for the online mode which could actually improve the quality of it (as soon as it gets released)

• Servers with mods
      • I don't know how this is going to work , of if this will happen , but if there would be an option to join servers with mods , i'd suggest to make it only avaiable for people who actually have the mod/mods which is/are selected by the host. (not like in ror where the cars were invisible). A great addition to it would be an download button which would automatically link to the mods that are needed. if you accept to download them they will be installed instantly and your ready to go.

2. Spaceballs the Username

Spaceballs the Username
    Expand Collapse

Multiplayer is probably far, far away. Porting a previously single-player-only game to multiplayer usually requires a lot of back-end changes. That said, it could be like Source games where when you join a server, it will download the mods the server is running if you don't have them. Each server mod would have to be an official mod from the BeamNG website. Using the version string and a hash such as md5, the server would check the client's mods for the same hash+version combo to see what the client needs from it.

3. crazikyle

crazikyle
    Expand Collapse

Lets get multiplayer first before we even dream of anything else.

4. NinetyNine!

NinetyNine!
    Expand Collapse
    Vehicle Artist
    BeamNG Team

that's even better. didn't think about this one.

and i know that it is far away , but why shouldn't I share my suggestion before I forget it? I mean , there's nothing wrong about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice