Only 40fps on high end system please help

Discussion in 'Computer Hardware' started by Intel Inside, May 18, 2021.

1. Intel Inside

Intel Inside
    Expand Collapse

Hello, Im having issues running beamng, i will (depending on the map of course) get only 35-45 fps in the game no matter the map. Maybe if the map is a really really old map that happens to still work i will get like 60-70 fps.
    The game sometimes uses both cpu's and sometimes doesnt, the gpu will never go above 55% usage.
    I have some screenshots.

My system is:

Dual Intel Xeon X5690 (6 cores 12 threads each, 3.46ghz base, 3.73ghz boost (one core), 3.5-3.6ghz all core boost)

EVGA superclocked gtx 1070

36GB FB-DIMM advanced ECC 1333mhz (according to windows) in Hexa-channel

Game runs off SSD

Map is italy map but this happens in almost any half modern map.

upload_2021-5-17_19-29-15.png
    upload_2021-5-17_19-29-31.png

2. ThomasMu

ThomasMu
    Expand Collapse

Your pc ain't exactly high-end anymore, the CPU is 10 years old and was designed for servers, workstations and not for gaming back in 2011. Also your GPU was mid-range back in 2016, DDR3 is also outdated but that shouldn't matter to much.

It looks like your CPU is the bottleneck since it is maxing out one of the cores, 3.7GHz boost ain't much these days. You didn't mention what resolution you are playing but the 1070 should handle 1920x1080 high with decent frame rate.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Intel Inside

Intel Inside
    Expand Collapse

well the yeah the single core isnt that good but i expected beamng to be a little more multi-thread heavy tbh. im gaming at 1920x1080 so the gpu isnt the problem. Do you know what settings are cpu based? Like i know texturs and shaders are gpu heavy but i dont know which ones are cpu heavy. im running on max settings right now.

4. P_enta

P_enta
    Expand Collapse

High end in 2014 but ok. Your cpu doesn’t rev very high, and your ram is pretty slow. Since BeamNG runs on a per thread basis, you want the fastest ram and highest core clocks as possible.
    --- Post updated ---
    Each car takes up 1 thread on the cpu

5. Phym

Phym
    Expand Collapse

I'm sorry but Beamng wasn't designed to run on old server cpu's. Your Gpu seems to be fine, but the cpu's were designed to be run in servers, which let me tell you, were/are not designed for gaming(for the most part)
    I mean, you can't upgrade anyways.

6. cklmetl

cklmetl
    Expand Collapse

but: (yes i'am french)

upload_2021-7-9_18-58-3.png

7. cklmetl

cklmetl
    Expand Collapse

it can be too a config problem

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice