1. Trouble with the game?
    Try the troubleshooter!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Issues with the game?
    Check the Known Issues list before reporting!

Dismiss Notice

Only mods from this forum/mod repository work

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kcmc582, Dec 3, 2017.

1. kcmc582

kcmc582
    Expand Collapse

Like the title says, the only mods I can get to work are the ones I subscribe to either on this site or from the repository in-game. Any other mod just does not show up.

I've tried putting the zip file into the mod folder, into a newly created 'vehicle' folder, extracting them into either folder. Putting the extracted folder, the extracted files, really doing anything I can think of, and it doesnt work. They all show up like the attachment:
    Capture1.jpg

The ones that install correctly via subscription look like this:
    Capture4.jpg

I am positive I am doing something wrong when placing them in the mod folder, I just dont know what. I have even tried seeing how the subscribed mods install themselves and that still does not help. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks for the help.

2. workclock1©

workclock1©
    Expand Collapse

This should probably go inside the Questions and Support sub-forum

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Driv3r1142

Driv3r1142
    Expand Collapse

What you're doing wrong is you're using offsite mods.
    Offsite mods are pretty much a no no here, and spark endless discussions about why they suck.

They're not supported, and are extremely low quality mods that use ripped models from other games and are just slapped in with no effort. They misrepresent the purpose of the game, and you're doing yourself a disservice by downloading them.

Please only download mods from the BeamNG forums and the mods page that are working in the latest versions of BeamNG.

Btw, Welcome to the forums! :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. kcmc582

kcmc582
    Expand Collapse

I wasnt sure if i should post here, Bug Reports, or Q&S. They all had mod topics.
    --- Post updated ---
    Thanks for the welcome.

I guess that does make sense, since all the off-site mods I was looking at were actual vehicles, like a Ford Bronco, and there doesnt seem to be any of that on here. I was hoping to smash up real cars like in some of the videos Ive watched, but almost-real is good enough I suppose.

5. baarry5444

baarry5444
    Expand Collapse

There are real-world vehicle mods on the forums; just visit this link (within the forums) to find these mods: https://beamng.com/forums/land.44/

But whatever you do, stay away from third-party websites. Not only do these sites package the .zip files incorrectly, they also have low-quality/poorly-made mods and may contain adware, malware, and/or potentially unwanted programs.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. TechnicolorDalek

TechnicolorDalek
    Expand Collapse

THAT BEING SAID, the game is not preventing you from loading mods that were not downloaded through the repository. Whatever issue you have is unrelated to the game itself. All of my crappy, russian, 3rd party, malware, ad infinitum mods are doing just fine, thanks.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. kcmc582

kcmc582
    Expand Collapse

I definitely experienced the malware/adware problem, though I am not sure if it was from these or an ATS/ETS mod. But this one hijacked my Chrome homepage VERY convincingly. Thanks for the forum link.

This is what I figured, since it is just a folder that it loads from. I was (i thought) being cautious with the 3rd party mods, but its possible the 3 I got, which i believe all came from the same person, just werent working, and i do not have the patience to figure it out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice