Option to delete posts

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nathan24™, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Nathan24™

Nathan24™
    Expand Collapse

I know this may have been suggested before but it would be nice if there was a feature where you can just delete your post instead of reporting and asking a mod to delete the post, it would be more efficient that way. :|

Before you reply please just don't use the "use your brain before posting" excuse. It doesn't really help.

2. Cory5503

Cory5503
    Expand Collapse

I second this. It would be a lot easier and cleaner to just delete a post rather that editing the text and saying "deleted."

3. ManfredE3

ManfredE3
    Expand Collapse

The option was added (tested I guess) at some point recently, I noticed it under the "tools" tab a couple days ago. They deleted the delete option though...

4. VeyronEB

VeyronEB
    Expand Collapse

This used to be a thing, it didn't work well because people got away with basically anything by deleting a post before it got caught.

5. Srockzz

Srockzz
    Expand Collapse

I think its a great idea... But in my opinion, if you delete the post, mods can still see it, and you cant delete it after 5 minutes.

6. Copunit12

Copunit12
    Expand Collapse

Its a good idea but I think it should be up to the mods to delete post. I think next to the report button for the person who made the post can click request delete which then will make it say "waiting for deletion" in highlighted red text to everyone but mods.

7. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

This.
    You think twice before posting.
    End.

8. Dean Wang

Dean Wang
    Expand Collapse

savage

9. MisterKenneth

MisterKenneth
    Expand Collapse

I'd actually appreciate a feature like this. There's posts I've made that I'd delete if I could because I no longer desire them.

With the current system, all I can do is either request a moderator to delete it, or leave a message in the post telling them that it can be deleted.

10. atv_123

atv_123
    Expand Collapse

It's the only way. This is the internet after all. If you say something incredibly stupid or hurtful, it should stay there for all too see... kind of like a punishment. We have an edit button anyways which could almost be considered bad enough.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice