Ordered a PC!

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by moussa247, Aug 29, 2013.

1. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

So I've finally made up my mind and ordered a PC. It is used but I think I got a pretty good deal, £200 or $310. I was going to upgrade the graphics to a GTX 760, but people have said that the GTX 670 is faster. What do you think? I would be getting the Asus DirectCUII, version does anyone recommend another company? This is my first ever gaming PC. Specs below:
    i7 2700K 3.5GHZ 8MB Cache
    P8Z68-V LX Motherboard
    4 sticks of 4GB Corsair 1600mhz
    Asus Nvidia GTX 570 1280MB
    OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB and 500GB SATA3 HDD

2. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

is it like a first gen i7 or something? Why was it so cheap?

3. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea, but no it's a Sandy Bridge. Other than the ugly case it's amazing.

4. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

did you buy it somewhere on the internet? link?

5. Davidbc

Davidbc
    Expand Collapse

Nice :cool:, you'll be able to play on highest settings once you get the new GPU, this might help you decide:

Is the PSU up to the hardware?

#5 Davidbc, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  6. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Do you live in the UK or the US?

7. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

well, it depends on your budget, and the games you'd like to play, for the gpu upgrades, both should be fine for most games, specs it comes with are pretty good as well, so yeah, you should be fine, wondering how your getting such good specs for such a low price though?

8. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Sorry forgot to mention, it's a Corsair 600W, so it should be okay for most single GPUs. And thanks :)

#8 moussa247, Aug 29, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. moosedks

moosedks
    Expand Collapse

US

congrats on the new computer :D

10. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

There's a webiste like Craigslist here in the UK called gumtree. I saw a guy locally and bought it off him.

- - - Updated - - -

11. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

ah ok, well, it should be absolutley fine, even without a new gpu, as the gpu it comes with is actually still a very good gpu ;)

i myself got a pretty good deal on a new pc from staples, everythings fine except the psu and gpu for me (no-name 200w psu, gpu is in my signature, but i plan to upgrade both of those in january, in which i should be fine :))

but congrats on your new gaming pc, it should last you at least 3-4 years if not more without upgrading anything, and with an upgraded gpu, should last about 5-6 years depending on which gpu you get

12. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Thank you. I'm upgrading from a i5-3210m and a GT-650m laptop so hopefully I should see a notable difference in performance :D. Congratulations on your PC I was originally planning on doing the same thing as you :)

- - - Updated - - -

Also is it possible to attach my 2.5" laptop HDD to the computer for data transfer and then remove it?

13. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

as long as the motherboard has an extra sata port, as well as an hdd power port, then yeah, you should be able to, and even then, there are tons of sata to usb adapaters, as well as enclosures if you wanted to turn it into a portable hdd to use

yeah, your old laptop is better then my old desktop, i came from an intel core 2 duo E8400, and an intel Q43/Q45, and 2gb of ram, i even tried the techdemo on it as my brothers use it now, they got 9 fps, LOL.

but yeah, you should be able to connect your old laptop hdd, as most motherboards have extra ports for that these days

14. moussa247

moussa247
    Expand Collapse

Haha I used to have a celeron PC with Intel "extreme graphics", thanks this should save a lot of time :)

15. logoster

logoster
    Expand Collapse

not a problem at all

16. Stian Aarskaug

Stian Aarskaug
    Expand Collapse

Well. It is cheap. The parts are okay. You should back up you data, because OCZ SSDs are not very reliable. And the HDD, you never know. This computer is probably around 2 years old (the parts are older than that).

Used is always cheap. ;)

17. jasonorland88

jasonorland88
    Expand Collapse

have you going to play on 4k display ?? :cool:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice