Outerra

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic' started by Cardinal799, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I just found out about this game, Outerra, and it is kind of like a world explorer, where I guess it will load the world as you explore it. I am currently testing it out.

2. dkutch

dkutch
    Expand Collapse

3. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

4. simon48

simon48
    Expand Collapse

It sounds pretty cool. I'm downloading it now.

5. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I have only tried the tech demo, but I can see how extensive this can become. I can tell how the non-car fans feel about Beam's Tech Demo now. This demo is quite boring, but I will probably get Alpha. Really sounds promising!

6. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

It is quite amazing IMO. I've had the demo for a long time and it is amazing. Didn't some people from ROR make cars for it?

7. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I have no idea. Literally found out about it about 30 minutes ago. I was doing some searching for some other version of Spintires I had on a site, and someone mentioned it.

8. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

From watching a few videos on it, it looks like the actual vehicle physics aren't to good, and no damage modeling.. I'm spoiled on BeamNG now :p. But how cool would it be to have Beams physics engine on top of a fully detailed randomly generated world like in Outerra? You could take a real time trip in your covet from NY to LA and just not leave your computer for a week, or circumnavigate the world in a Cessna! I had never heard of this game/engine so thanks for the post Cardinal.

Edit:
    Here's a pretty good video-

#8 LSDMT420, Jan 14, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  9. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

Sshhhhh.... I still want to have my life outside of gaming.:p That would make for TWO childhood dream games, well, without full-world soft body. Thats still many computer generations away.

10. LSDMT420

LSDMT420
    Expand Collapse

Hahaha, yea i'm finding myself with less and less time afk with all these amazing new games coming out. The kid's in 15-20yrs or so are going to never see the light of day at this rate :).

11. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

It is gonna be the same for me now, with my computer that was meant for Beam lol. I used to "woah" at new games, then was jealous of the people with good PCs. Now I can actually play just about any of those games!

12. Duriii

Duriii
    Expand Collapse

Yes, this was the game, that blown me away with it's scope, even though it still missing some major features, like more biomes or even rivers, lakes etc. Still, just look at it, their lightning engine is pretty amazing:

screen1359143711.jpg outerra_engine_04.jpg e1ey5Em.jpg

I really need to install it again, I see that there are way more mods, than the last time I checked. Plus, I had no idea, that they added boats to the main game, I need to see that too.

13. Cardinal799

Cardinal799
    Expand Collapse

I personally will wait a little longer to play it, and once again, I did buy the Alpha, so I am not going to be one of those people that wait to buy.

I am at school atm, will add on later :p

14. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

Me, I ported the Bimmer to it. It's a neat world engine, has lot of potential.
    jaVq7Mv.jpg

Got some videos too on my channel.

15. Bubbleawsome

Bubbleawsome
    Expand Collapse

Ok. Didnt dkutch port his jeep GC? I thought I'd seen it before.

16. Nadeox1

Nadeox1
    Expand Collapse
    Spinning Cube
    BeamNG Team

AFAIK Dkutch isn't into Outerra

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice