Overriding bigmap waypoints/events?

Discussion in 'Programming' started by LiterallyAPastry, Dec 14, 2021.

1. LiterallyAPastry

LiterallyAPastry
    Expand Collapse

I have a gamemode I'm working on that has its own waypoints/locations. Any tips on how to access and edit what waypoints are shown in the map through Lua?
    Any tips would help quite a bit! Thanks!

2. angelo234

angelo234
    Expand Collapse
    Programmer
    BeamNG Team

When you say "shown" do you mean enabling/disabling waypoints or just making them visible/invisible? For the former I'm not so sure, but for the latter I've got a solution:

From what I have found the waypoints are split into three individual objects (the translucent cylinder thing, the left and the right poles). And the naming sequence of these objects are base_marker_x , cylinder_marker_leftx , and cylinder_marker_rightx , where x refers to the waypoint # (not the waypoint's name). And to actually set the visibility of these guys, use the following example (hides waypoint #1):
    Code:
    scenetree.findObject("base_marker_1"):setHidden(true)
    scenetree.findObject("cylinder_marker_left1"):setHidden(true)
    scenetree.findObject("cylinder_marker_right1"):setHidden(true)

3. LiterallyAPastry

LiterallyAPastry
    Expand Collapse

What I want to do, actually, is change the waypoints that are displayed in the new bigmap view (accessed by pressing M). There's a bunch of waypoints there, but I haven't managed to figure out where that data lives. I couldn't find any references to them in the ingame editor, either

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice